Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014
      0 points
    Yun command throw scales his damage more. I'd say yun is very solid just like he was in 2012. I don't think he's broke i just think he's good. I'd say he's just as good as cammy is currently in usf4. I don't see a clear crazy tier character yet. Rufus changes are nice i'll be maining him until something else catches my eye.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    I rather Oni have kept his old DP than try to put him inline with all the other shotos. I would of liked his s.LK and c.MK to have a little more hit stun so that fireball combos on hit max range, or just give hime a better fireball. But Oni is fine imo, he's gonna be as good as he is now. Gotta see what he can do with red focus.

Did you see EX Lung punch being +1 on block now?! That plus Red Focus, plus more damage, and no nerf on his DP! Yun is looking really good.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    woah thanks for saying that. I completely must have missed that change LOL!! that is crazy good for him. thank god for delayed wakeup or i'd be scared to death.

yes i agree with oni dp i liked it the way it was. Super invincible but unsafe as hell.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Yeah, I dont know why they would give him back his +1 on block ex lunge punch. Maybe they want to encourage meter use to make exrfa less likely. Im not too worried about him since Gief can hang.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014 edited
      0 points
    Oh and Yun has a cross up MK now too.
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014
      0 points
    Stik did you see giefs close st mk is now plus 5 on hit and plus 2 on block? That's really good actually, opens up some very nice combo potential. After landing a spash, there is no reason to jab any more. On hit, you do mk then depending on range I'm hoping you can land stand mp, st lk xx exgh for very nice damage, they only thing I would be worried about is sk mk pushing them too far, but even if that's the case, you can just skip the mp and going right into lk xx exgh for better damage than he gets now. And if they block, your plus 2 and can continue pressure.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    It's gonna function kinda like doing the hawk crossup splash into the cs.MP where you can kinda just hit cs.MP regardless if splash lands or not then decide what you're going to hitco into or just do your blockstring mixups.
  8. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Yea pretty much fox. I'm happy I have a reason to use that move now, I've always like it because it looks like he's going to give them a stone cold stunner afterwards, when I used to practice with joe dubbs in Cali, we would call that move the stunner
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014 edited
      0 points
    I'm pretty excited about that change. I didn't expect that at all. Now I'm really curious how far it will push back.

I also read that combofiend told someone that exrfa will crumple off all green hands except for jab.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    outside of Jagga kick getting its damage smoked vs airborne opponents, Adon might actually be better. DWU strong ground game better combos. Not really sure what red focus does for him outside of landing full jagga revolvers. Wish they would have made both kicks of Ex jagga overhead. making the 2nd hit an overhead is kinda pointless.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I can't wait to see everyone's new characters. This is the most love hate I've seen for a sf. Adon will be a monster still.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Gamerbee makes a great point about adon that mastering air jag kick is really hard. Which he's right about, that's why we have like one good adon. But overall i like his changes.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    I think its the grounded version against airborne opponents that got nerfed..so if you hit thim in the air with adon doing a grounded jag kick it will do a lot less damage.

akuma far hp is redFADCable...thats pretty good at least the brought the damage down a bit.
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    stikfiga:
    I'm pretty excited about that change. I didn't expect that at all. Now I'm really curious how far it will push back.

I also read that combofiend told someone that exrfa will crumple off all green hands except for jab.

Nice, medium gh combos from jab before they sped it up so should be no problem in ultra. Maybe there is a use for ultra 1 now.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    overall I think this will be a very fun version of the game. After watching Desk's red focus video it got me thinking about how that will add a very interesting element to the game.

Been toying with e.Ryu a little. He fits my style and is looking good. Maybe Ill jump on the bandwagon with Recon.
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    stikfiga:

Nice, medium gh combos from jab before they sped it up so should be no problem in ultra. Maybe there is a use for ultra 1 now.

If it ends up being true that will make gief really scary with meter. He should be able to build it fairly quickly and now that he doesn't need ex greenhand for all his combos he will actually have meter stocked now.

Even without ultra this will give him a hit confirm into a 360k grab that will push into the corner.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Gnarr:

Been toying with e.Ryu a little. He fits my style and is looking good. Maybe Ill jump on the bandwagon with Recon.

haha, man with daigo hinting at picking him up i'm probably getting off that wagon hella quick. he's fun. maybe i'll play akuma since he's less vortexy
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    I also didnt realize that Sagat seems to have gotten quite a few nerfs and no real buffs. EX Tiger Knee looks to be back to -1 on block again.
    Long live the King. Sike.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    rofl blanka buffs are so good for what he's had in the past. probably his best version since vanilla lol.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2014
      0 points
    Glad they got rid of Rolentos brain dead options. Combofiend had told me that theyre trying to take a lot of the mindless play out of SFIV (Yolo EX Headbutt, DP FADC, etc.) But why the hell is Yun +1 after EX lunge.