Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014 edited
      0 points
    unless adjustments are made to the scaling on red focus eryu will be able to do:

(punish situation) Cl. HP, LK AXE, Red focus, cl. hp, MK axe, cr.mp,tatsu, HDP for 415 damage 755 stun. rebuilds nearly 2 bars. so starting with full guage you end at nearly 3 bars again..

(midscreen bnb) cr.mk, Hadoken, Red focus, cl. hp, MK axe, cr.mp,tatsu, HDP. 345 DMG 555 stun.

if you're feeling frisky you can throw some one frame links in there but its not necessary.

once ppl get to three bars your life can be ended very quickly it seems.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      0 points
    Why would you use red focus for this when regular FA works for the combos you just laid out?

Red focus counts for two-hits as far as I know so you're scaling your damage unnecessarily and you don't need crumple to make these combos work.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      0 points
    For the combos recon talking about maybe not, but the full lvl 3 ultra applications are good.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Ya absolutely, being able to combo into ultras that you normally couldn't before is going to be an interesting change.

Just was wondering if there was something fundamental that I was misunderstanding because E.Ryu already has that combo potential in AE (the combos recon annotated)
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    AuraWind:
    Why would you use red focus for this when regular FA works for the combos you just laid out?

Red focus counts for two-hits as far as I know so you're scaling your damage unnecessarily and you don't need crumple to make these combos work.

you(I) would use these because its a lot easier to hit than the one frame link thats required after an fadc from the LK AXe combo...LK axe is chosen due to the extra 100 in stun in the first rep of the combo. also cr. mk xx hado fadc at max range is a lot tougher to confirm for the full combo in some cases you aren't close enough for cr. hp or cl. hp to connect. Sacrificing 1 extra bar and removing the need to link multiple 1 frame links would be worth it IMO.

Pr rog just posted up a few ultra combos..that barely eclipse the amount that you would get by doing a full combo into ultra. Sometimes taking the easy damage is a better option.

for the punish..combo you can also do cl.hp mk axe cr. lp st.mp lk axe red FADC blah blah blah...haven't filled in the values on that particular combo yet..probably does around the same damage and stun builds a little more meter..but irrelevant if you start with 4.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Been playing ultra today. It's cool, still trying to get used to no cr.lk to cr.lk. Apparently they keep nerfing him as well lol. Oh well can't wait to see how things unwind.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
      0 points
    can you just do cr.lk, cr.lp st. lp? i know nothing about fei.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    c.LK to c.LP is a 1 frame link.

So he probably should use c.LK s.LP c.LP. since c.LK to s.LP is a chain still i believe. Also you can plink c.LK so it's a easier link to go c.LK c.LK.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    New combo is cr lk cr lp stand lp cr lp rekka. In the ultra mod if you do cr lk cr lk the second one forces him to stand and comes out as stand lk. Option two is cr lk stand jab cr jab. It's just taking time for me to adapt because I abuse cr lk.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Why would you do c.LK, c.LP to s.LP? vs just doing c.LK to standing s.LP? I have not researched too much fei in usf4 what am i missing?
    FlatLine
      0 points
    That's what there doing for easier hit co idk tbh lol. Also starnab is playing the newer build and lp rekka is -5 now and that's HUGE! Sucks ass they tried to give him cr lk being +4 on hit so now you can do cr lk stand hp which is good but they nerfed rekka hard really hard.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    so normally like when we play fei in the current build we do like c.LK c.LK s.LP c.LP rekka. The extra c.LK allows us to easily hitco, being a low, etc. just all around amazing.

now we can't do c.LK c.LK unless we want to deal with a tighter link, but i think if you don't need the extra c.LK you can just go c.LK s.LP c.LP instead. Correct me if i'm wrong though they keep changing the new build around maybe i'm wrong.

Yeah new rekka for sure weaker argh. Gonna have to use ex rekka more often to keep it safer. He still has his c.MP and c.HP though so that's nice. He'll still be solid just not the ultimate bully.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Yup I guess we'll see
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Some nice updates on eventhubs today. Nice video of some Hugo setups. Looked like some good stuff, also looks like the range on ultra throw will be really good, hard to follow exactly what's going on but at a certain range it punished Hondas ex headbutt, which would be a big deal in that matchup, also showed that cr. mk punishes ex headbutt.

Also there will be an official frame data app that will launch the day the game launches! That's awesome!
  15. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    And oh yeah! You can combo into super after meat squasher! So you can go meat squasher, st lk xx super ultra 2 for like a gazillion damage!
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Yeah, that stuff looked sick. I think the ultra throw was actually a kara. Definitely excited to get my hands on Hugo though. :D
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014
      0 points
    Final console changes are up.
    Link

Looks like gief got some buffs this time around. LP gh is back to -2 on hit. Super got some much needed range (even though most meter will be spend on exrfa). Cr. lk is back to a 2 frame link. and some interesting buffs to close standing mk which i didnt see coming at all.

Nerfs to st. mp, jumping fierce, and jab spd range.
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014 edited
      0 points
    They nerfed Oni's health :/

Oni got a bunch of dumb buffs. A faster sweep and f+MK is nice, but he didn't get anything he really good while everyone is getting a what the needed. Didn't see that health nerf coming :(

EDIT: Ok Yun is ridiculous. I'm playing that guy.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Haha they tried to nerf Fei he'll still be top tier. My rekkas thirst for the blood of my victims. Can't wait......not really but I'll still be playing!!!
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014
      0 points
    Mr1one:
    They nerfed Oni's health :/

Oni got a bunch of dumb buffs. A faster sweep and f+MK is nice, but he didn't get anything he really good while everyone is getting a what the needed. Didn't see that health nerf coming :(

EDIT: Ok Yun is ridiculous. I'm playing that guy.

the removal of the invincible frame on the M palm is a nerf i'd say. Also just cuz he can FADC his uppers, his HP loses invinc frames so that's a nerf to his zoning AA game, but a buff to his defensive game with meter.