Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014
      0 points
    wow that is good. I wonder if they are going to tweak that for the console release.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    June 3rd! Less than 3 weeks!!!!!
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    June 3rd! Less than 3 weeks!!!!!

My body is ready.
  4. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Actually June 3rd is psn, June 4th is xbox...is it worth another 15 bucks to play it a day early??.....
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    YES!!!!!!!!
  6. Member
      0 points
    I'm probably only getting it on PS3 until it's available on PC and hopefully I have a working PC stick by then.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Miracleknight:
    I'm probably only getting it on PS3 until it's available on PC and hopefully I have a working PC stick by then.

Won't your PS3 stick you've brought to Safe House work on PC?
  8. Member
      0 points
    Nope for some reason can't get it to register, gonna have the guys I had dual mod it take a look at UFGT next week.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Miracleknight:
    Nope for some reason can't get it to register, gonna have the guys I had dual mod it take a look at UFGT next week.

Have you tried holding SELECT + START before plugging your USB cable into your PC?

You can also try holding LK+MP+HK (or LP+MK+HP can't remember for sure) if you have a ChImp before plugging it in
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    LK MP HK for chimp. This is what i do.
  11. Member
      0 points
    I have literally tried every button combination.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    actually i think LK MP HK is just to enable the xbox portion of the card not the chimp.

So nvm.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    that was good but when you spend every last bit of your meter you should kill someone or nearly kill them.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Recon:
    that was good but when you spend every last bit of your meter you should kill someone or nearly kill them.

While true Recon i'll touch on some differences.

This all occurs from a simple s.MP buffered special. Easy hitco that turns into almost death. For someone like dictator he doesn't have a long ranged poke that he can buffer easily into something and then cancel to super. c.MP is the longest ranged he has that he can buffer to scissors. It's also a much harder hitco. Same with balrog and say landing a c.MP xx Dash punch into super. This one is easier to hitco and the range is a tad better. Both require a charge and can't be done while swaying form side to side when you're playing a foots game.

Fei long cannot do anything like this at all. If he lands his longest normal c.MP he can't cancel it off a hit. And any ranged rekka doesn't cancel into anything big at all. Cammy doing a buffered c.MK into SA if it doesn't go up close then you can't cancel to super so the damage is low. I think that overall it's mostly because you can ranged poke with s.MP as a whiff punish and next thing you know you're doing 50% on akuma. Then the last part is after that yun's mixups on oki are like top 5 in the game which leads to the dizzy. No charge character can do this at all and only a handful of circle characters can achieve this additional mixup.

So yeah you're right for 4 bars a lot of characters can do some big damage combos. But the way yun can get it + his oki options afterwards makes it extra 'cheap' hence probably why tokido points it out.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    It's definitely a round 2/3 nuke. the initial part of the combo..non-ultra part of it does over 400 damage and 700 stun. for 4 bars. E ryu can certainly do compartable damage for the bars spent. However the degree of difficulty is much much higher..I'm not sure what they can even do to adjust this. remove the ability to red focus from shoulder? Also, an akuma player pointing out he doesn't get to play.....oh the irony.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Recon:
    It's definitely a round 2/3 nuke. the initial part of the combo..non-ultra part of it does over 400 damage and 700 stun. for 4 bars. E ryu can certainly do compartable damage for the bars spent. However the degree of difficulty is much much higher..I'm not sure what they can even do to adjust this. remove the ability to red focus from shoulder? Also, an akuma player pointing out he doesn't get to play.....oh the irony.

Yeah the only thing they can do is make red focus count for more hits to scale better. But i almost don't want it to happen because i don't want the game to become this slow zoning game. I like zoners and i like damage and i like a game to have both. Not just one.
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      1 point
    Yun builds a lot of meter really fast, so he can have super before the round ends. Now you have a long range poke with an easy hit co like fox said, but Yun is gonna have the meter to do shoulder into red focus way more often then most other characters.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Haha kung fu is to strong. Happy my characters are still beast mode :D
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      0 points
    Mr1one:
    Yun builds a lot of meter really fast, so he can have super before the round ends. Now you have a long range poke with an easy hit co like fox said, but Yun is gonna have the meter to do shoulder into red focus way more often then most other characters.

that is true..However, when you have 50 ish characters there is only so much that you can do to prevent characters from being OP. if it becomes a huge thing and top 8s are 50% yuns maybe they will do something about it other than that don't get hit or put him in the same situation. Yun has low health low stun so i'm sure characters can do this same kinda thing to him.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorPistolPete
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      0 points
    Is Blanka going to be any good? I think the system changes work out pretty well in his favor but haven't played seriously in a long time so I'm not sure.