Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2014
      1 point
    Seventy2B:
    I really don't understand why they released the game in japan when a new version comes out next month and from what everyone is saying, the balance will change from the arcade to console version. The location tests are all reporting that things are different from the arcade to the console. Anyways. 1 more month....

They must have wanted to use them for an extended beta test, which is kind of cool I guess. It will refine the game a little more and then eliminate Japan's head start on the new version for evo.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Yes things like guy tatsu should get removed. Maybe adjust some nerfs on some characters. Buff others a tad more. This could be a good thing for you gief players.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014
      0 points
    Pretty intersting article on Adon by Gamerbee. He doesn't feel the pace of the game is slower, but i'm not sure if thats because adon can always push the pace. Interesting top 5 from tokido..of course akuma is missing, next month can't get here soon enough.

Gamerbee on Adon
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014
      0 points
    I can totally see were tokido is coming from with his tier list. Seems like you either have to have a really good neutral game or have a vortex in which you can adjust it to the delay wake up.

Also pr balrog tweeted that tokido said Ryu is the best shoto because he has a better fireball game.

Well see what happens with all the new changes that are coming out.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2014
      0 points
    "Akuma is a bad Evil Ryu in this version. Dan is stronger than Akuma." - Tokido

My soul... it feels so... empty =(

http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/13/oshino-details-how-red-focus-has-made-yun-extremely-powerful-in-ultra-street-fighter-iv/
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Play e. Ryu!
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    Just play Ryu lol you played him already. What does tier matter anyway? You've gone to GF with honda and he's a terrible character.
  8. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Wow just read the move list for Hugo in usf4. Really surprised that ultra 2 is double qcf and not double hcb. I've always been bad with double hcb motion, I've been working with t hawk almost exclusively ultra 2 lately and I've gotten better at it but it's still very hard for me to reaction half circle, many times I get ex spire instead. Double qcf though, we're in there!!
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    Yeah Ryu is the plan. I am ok with not playing Akuma, but I did find Tokidos comments funny.

and CORRECTION! I played Honda in Super when all you had to do were 2 hands combos and you won lol. Plus I was new in the colorado scene at the time and people didn't know the match up. But yes, I do get the point haha.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    i'll believe tokido doesn't think akuma is good when he uh...stops picking akuma
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    Yeah haha, we shall see. I haven't found much new footage of Ultra from the Far East lately. Anyone know any good channels for it?
  12. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    I believe it. Akuma is so good because of all his vortex and safe jump options. Footswise he's good but not good enough to survive with such low health. Delay wake up hurts Akuma bad
  13. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    http://m.youtube.com/user/GAMEacho

Tons of good usf4 footage here
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    There is no way that Dan is better then Akuma. Tokido is trolling. Like Recon said i'll believe akuma is weak when tokido isn't playing him.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    DWU is good but players will adujust. certain characters i think will be able to have pretty strong oki games..cammy and yun come to mind. DWU makes it a guess on the vortex character as well its just not going to give the akuma player's opponent an automatic 4 way guess on every knockdown now.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    Interesting that Tokido put Juri at the top of his list. Why so good now? I've read the change list and it's mostly buffs, but I'm not sure I understand how those changes could have such a big impact.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Fei ;)
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2014
      0 points
    oilyeye:
    Interesting that Tokido put Juri at the top of his list. Why so good now? I've read the change list and it's mostly buffs, but I'm not sure I understand how those changes could have such a big impact.

The major change was her ability to link into cr.mk off of s.lk. This gave her a way to get solid damage without having to store fireballs. cr.lk > s.lk > cr.mk > hk.pinwheel is now going to be a staple bnb. However, last I heard, at the NWM test build this was removed.

Other than that, she got really good buffs toward her normals:
    - All of her important footsie tools are now 1F faster and her far s.mp is now special cancelable.
    - Her s.lp can now hit crouching opponents also allowing for better jab pressure.
    - j.hp no longer cause knockdown on hit making it a very ambiguous cross up normal.

As for specials:
    - Her divekick can no longer be done while jumping backwards, but they are apparently safer on block now. If it connects, opponents won't fall out of the follow ups like they used to which was a huge problem with her dive kick. Also EX divekicks now have different angles depending on which two buttons were pressed.
    - Juri's counter now takes grey health which is a nerf. On the bright side though, because she takes now takes damage, she can build Ultra meter with it.
    - EX pinwheel now has more invincibility so it will be a better reversal/frame trap tool. It does have 1F more of recovery though making it riskier.
    - Ultra 2 now has a farther reaching hitbox making it easier to combo into.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    The biggest reason is that Juri is misplaced on a lot of people's tier list. There are some top players who have her around top of the B area or low A. It's not just about her changes that makes her best in some eyes. It's the reduction of the top tier plus more really good players actually playing her and realizing her potential.

This is why Sagat is high as well. As AE2012 went on sagat moved up in lists and now with all the top tier taking big hits, someone like sagat is left with buffs and moved towards the top.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU9898Up844&feature=youtu.be

Yo Yun! Also Tokido said that this is the guy he is playing if he switches from Akuma so he must be really good.