Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    man i think if you land a lariat in the corner you should be able to U2 as gief. that would be amazing.

In the beta for super sf4 you could larait fadc ultra 2, I was so pumped at the time. On a sad related note, I guess zangatan told kim1234 that regular green hand xx ex red focus doesn't combo :'( I guess ex green hand does but that's 4 bars to landed a comboed into ultra, and i don't plan on using ultra 1 much at all, only ultra 2 or double, and using it on a double ultra seems like a waste of bar. So not that useful.

I have no idea how safe roll is. I just wanna get my hands on the game already ARG!!!!
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    I'm making the switch to Evil. That far standing target combo is gonna be nuts if its full range. I still think he's average in the footsies department a faster sweep helps. It'll probably set up more "vortex" situations but the DWU kills that. Waking up to Evil in your face isn't where you want to be though. Almost 100% sure that the stomp version that connects will be the LK stomp, so at least you get the fadc one frame option to continue the combo. getting 4 stomps for 2 bars is gonna be insane.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    e.ryu has one of the best neutral games in all of usf4. his foots are not average they are high tier.

He has a solid fireball game. His s.MK shuts down so many pokes from the entire cast. his c.MK is probably the best non knockdown low in the entire game. He can stay grounded vs almost the entire cast and fight them. His confirms are all big damage. The only people who probably have a better overall neutral foots game are sagat and maybe rose.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    A lot of people look at e.ryu and just see his big damage, but the big reason why he's put over Ryu right now is mostly because his c.MK xx fireball string is 95% safe, and his fs.MK hitbox is a HUGE stopsign. It doesn't seem like it is, but it shuts down SO MANY POKES.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    Foxisquick:
    man i think if you land a lariat in the corner you should be able to U2 as gief. that would be amazing.

In the beta for super sf4 you could larait fadc ultra 2, I was so pumped at the time. On a sad related note, I guess zangatan told kim1234 that regular green hand xx ex red focus doesn't combo :'( I guess ex green hand does but that's 4 bars to landed a comboed into ultra, and i don't plan on using ultra 1 much at all, only ultra 2 or double, and using it on a double ultra seems like a waste of bar. So not that useful.

I have no idea how safe roll is. I just wanna get my hands on the game already ARG!!!!

Yeah a lot of people are benefiting from the red focus ultra. Poor gief. It doesn't help as well that all the fireball characters are better. I feel for him.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    e.ryu has one of the best neutral games in all of usf4. his foots are not average they are high tier.

He has a solid fireball game. His s.MK shuts down so many pokes from the entire cast. his c.MK is probably the best non knockdown low in the entire game. He can stay grounded vs almost the entire cast and fight them. His confirms are all big damage. The only people who probably have a better overall neutral foots game are sagat and maybe rose.

st. mk is good i agree with you cr. mk is a great tool...its just really slow at 7 frames. Also i'm still adjusting to how stubby he is compared to adon and cammy. There was a range that i got comfortable standing at..and with eryu is just a bit short. A lot of characters with good low profile moves give him trouble ..st.mk is good there, but its just a quick check. Maybe average was an understatement..above average? ..yeah he converts for big damage and doesn't have to jump..thats what i like and he pretty much can fight the entire cast.

Recently i was messing around with yun as well. Every other match was a gief haha...was like welp there's another loss. With Eryu i can focus on the match ups and what to exploit in each of those. Rather than this character can't beat this. I don't think he beats everyone but he does really well against most of the cast..and damage is a great equalizer.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    Seventy2B:
    Foxisquick:

Yeah a lot of people are benefiting from the red focus ultra. Poor gief. It doesn't help as well that all the fireball characters are better. I feel for him.

do you think Ryu got better? trolling around on SRK most ppl feel like he got worst with all of this knockdown set ups being more difficult to pull off now. FADC nerf..i think out of all the shoto's he really needs that. Ken on the other hand...that cr. mk haha.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014 edited
      2 points
    Seventy2B:
    Foxisquick:

I was reading this as well. It seems this is the main reason why light green hand went from -2 to -3 on hit. Maybe they felt it was too strong to confirm light green hand into ex red focus.

CONDURU SPIRU
    Meanwhile it appears T Hawk is on a rampage with that condor spire.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Recon:
    Foxisquick:
    Seventy2B:
    Foxisquick:

do you think Ryu got better? trolling around on SRK most ppl feel like he got worst with all of this knockdown set ups being more difficult to pull off now. FADC nerf..i think out of all the shoto's he really needs that. Ken on the other hand...that cr. mk haha.

He's kinda the same overall. The problem is e.ryu got buffs and he has a far bigger chance to comeback because of his oki game. Then oni/sagat/ken all got better so unfortunate for Ryu he kinda went down on the shoto list. I think any fireball game right now went up in stock because of the new way to tech vs vortex. I think right now if i had to rank them overall it would be sagat, e.ryu, oni, ken, then ryu in that order. In the end daigo beats everyone with c.MK fireball and that's all he needs 90% of the time. So if he can beat freaking fuudo and bonchan with that, while he's weaker, you can still win with him.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Recon:
    Foxisquick:

st. mk is good i agree with you cr. mk is a great tool...its just really slow at 7 frames. Also i'm still adjusting to how stubby he is compared to adon and cammy. There was a range that i got comfortable standing at..and with eryu is just a bit short. A lot of characters with good low profile moves give him trouble ..st.mk is good there, but its just a quick check. Maybe average was an understatement..above average? ..yeah he converts for big damage and doesn't have to jump..thats what i like and he pretty much can fight the entire cast.

Recently i was messing around with yun as well. Every other match was a gief haha...was like welp there's another loss. With Eryu i can focus on the match ups and what to exploit in each of those. Rather than this character can't beat this. I don't think he beats everyone but he does really well against most of the cast..and damage is a great equalizer.

Yeah being able to fight the entire cast and not have any terrible matchups is a great thing. I think most people would take all 5-5 matchups then a bunch of 3-7, 4-6, 6-4, 7-3 matchups (this is what i have to deal with as i play blanka). E.ryu is great because a majority of the time skill is the reason you won.
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorMr1one
      0 points
    E. Ryu is kinda like Makoto in a way. If he gets the momentum in his favor he is gonna win no matter how bad the match up is. The problem with E. Ryu is he can get bullied real easy because his slow normals so your footsies and execution have to be on point because if you get the hit you have a lot of momentum behind you.

Recon:

I don't know why people still play Ryu. If you have the footsies why not just play e. ryu, the payout is way better with that chracter.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    in AE i think there are reason to play Ryu..in ultra i guess we will have to wait and see. More health. better d.mk muuuuch better super. character loyalty. better sweep.
  13. Member
      0 points
    Watch bonchans ryu in ultra. Shit is nuts
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    E.Ryu does not get bullied really easy. What magic world are you living in. That s.MK and c.MK are ridiculous.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Ryu is 100% fine in usf4. He's very solid. Like fei is a better version of balrog in AE 2012. But that doesn't mean there is no reason to play balrog. Balrog is fine. Just fei has better overall game for a bully then balrog does. Charge characters in general in SF4 got the short end of the stick.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Mr1one:
    E. Ryu is kinda like Makoto in a way. If he gets the momentum in his favor he is gonna win no matter how bad the match up is. The problem with E. Ryu is he can get bullied real easy because his slow normals so your footsies and execution have to be on point because if you get the hit you have a lot of momentum behind you.

Recon:

I don't know why people still play Ryu. If you have the footsies why not just play e. ryu, the payout is way better with that chracter.

More on this. his s.MK and c.MK stop sign any horizontal forward movement pretty hardcore. When ryus can beat fuudo (normal ryus) that means they aren't getting bullied easy. Yeah you're right being on point is the important part. But that's how you have to look at it. In a vacuum if you play correctly then you wont' get bullied easily. I'd say yes for a low level player like us ryu can get bullied by a lot of chars. But once you get good with him he just shuts all that down with c.MK and fireball games. And then e.ryu s.mk the stupid stop sign.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    E.Ryu does not get bullied really easy. What magic world are you living in. That s.MK and c.MK are ridiculous.

yeah i think easily is the word thats sending a red flag. i think Adon, Sagat, Bison, Akuma, Ryu, Cammy, Fei, Boxer, Rose, Sim..can all give Eryu issues if he's trying to do stuff, but if you work yourself into a good position there isn't a lot that you can do to move him off of his spot..without taking a risk. His vortex also works on a lot of those characters they have to catch him slipping several times..he has to catch them once.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Also with all the little things people are finding that aren't on the changelist. It's difficult to say who will end up where on the tiers. I think self discovery gonna be very important for the months coming to evo. Who knows what people will find.

Right now mainly playing Rufus for usf4. But in usf4 not sure who will end up as the main. So many interesting choices.
    FlatLine
      1 point
    Kung fu all day! Fei, chun, gen, yun, and yang will be thy chosen. Fei is the first and main choice but I'll wait to see how ultra crap fighter 4 is first.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    Here is TKD's opinion.

Strong
    Cammy, Guy, Ibuki, T. Hawk, Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Adon, Sagat, Yun, Yang

Fairly Strong
    Ryu, Akuma, Rose, C. Viper, Makoto, Sakura

Average
    Other

Weak