Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
      0 points
    Halfro:
    It also homogenizes the cast in a very boring fashion.

stfu you have a 2 frame special WTF.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    Halfro:
    It also homogenizes the cast in a very boring fashion.

stfu you have a 2 frame special WTF.

Who? Ryu?
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2014
      1 point
    That is it!

Next time we meet, FT10 guy vs. chun, loser drops their SF4 character FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH AURA?!?!?

USF4 ONLY PLZ
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    You play SF?
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Halfro:
    That is it!

Next time we meet, FT10 guy vs. chun, loser drops their SF4 character FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH AURA?!?!?

USF4 ONLY PLZ

You think you're gambling Halfro? What is this? Are you a practitioner of Nanto? If you are a real man you would put it all on the line like the successor.

If you beat peter. He drops chun for good in sf4. He also cannot play any new chars in usf4. You keep guy.
    If peter beats you. You drop Balrog for good in ST. You also cannot play any new chars in usf4. He keeps chun.

Let's fucking do this.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    Losing characters in a dead game is less disheartening but, I will put rog on the line if that feels like a more worthy bet.

I honestly put a shit ton of effort into guy (not sf4 as much). I felt it was a powerful bet lmao
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    YOU ARE THE SUCCESSOR

I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Pft, let's raise the stakes! Loser has to quit playing fighting games.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      2 points
    Has to be equivalent trade, I quit fighters and you quit being korean!
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2014
      2 points
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Sim's 2-hit s.MK is gonna be scary for gief too. But this is pretty lawl worthy :)
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    AuraWind:
    Sim's 2-hit s.MK is gonna be scary for gief too. But this is pretty lawl worthy :)

Ive never really tried focusing any of Sim's limbs, kick lariat is enough to beat it and knock him down. And with sped up green hand Gief will close space even faster on any knockdown.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    The instance you are worried about that move is the walk forward to bulldog sim. But, the worse issue in that match is that they buffed sims damage again.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014
      1 point
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/apr/21/guy-can-cancel-first-hit-hurricane-kick-other-special-moves-ultra-street-fighter-4

People have seen this and a few people have asked me how this works. I don't know WHY it works but i'll explain what i know.

In vanilla and beyond there has always been the ability to cancel a special into another special or ultra. I'ts really hard. But the two guys who benefit it that SOME of you have probably seen are abel and balrog. Balrog can do ex rush punch into ultra and if something hits his armor he gets ultra. It also costs me no meter if the ultra comes out. Abel can do EX change of direction and absorb then do Tornado throw. This one is FAR harder it's like a 1-2 frame link that is done with 2 motions it's very difficult. Even shogun has mentioned he flat out doesn't rely on this ever it's very hard. The best abel in japan does this probably 80% of the time at best.

Guy and Fuerte can also do this with their run stop. Basically on the first frame EX armor is enabled so you can absorb any attack, then you buffer your 2nd special and it comes out. It also costs no meter, any char can do this but it's hard and doesn't give you benefit. Chun li doing EX SBK cancelled into another special means nothing because her EX SBK starts up in 6 frames so by the time you cancel it into something else the SBK hasn't hit the target. EX armor moves are enabled on the first frame so it works.

Guy's ex tatsu is a 2 frame startup, the only 2 frame startup special next to command grabs and some supers. Because of this you CAN cancel his ex tatsu on the 2nd frame it hits into something else. In this vid at 10 seconds he does it into EX bushin flip.

Keep in mind that the execution required for this is REALLY difficult. It's still extremely broken but it's VERY hard. I hope that this gets patched out, because people will master it and i don't need to spell out how crazy that will be.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014
      0 points
    [
    stikfiga:
    LOL

give it time
  16. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014
      1 point
    Fixed Abel ultra?

Go to time stamp 5:23. It's a good thing they fixed Abel's ultra missing in the corner huh Shogun? Lol
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    it's so hilarious how like everyone needs the corner to land an ultra, except if you're abel LOL.
  18. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2014 edited
      0 points
    I just love how they both miss back to back. The first one I thought did it too early before I knew what was gonna happen and I wasn't surprised he went under him. The second one though... Come on, he seemed to time it perfectly and yet he still whiffed right though him. If the timing is still that strict, might as well stick with falling sky and not risk it. Sorry Abel :-/

Edit: it seems this Abel player agrees, time stamp 20:50 he lands cr fierce in the corner in an obvious ultra situation and opts to go for falling sky instead, guess he learned his lesson...
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    man i think if you land a lariat in the corner you should be able to U2 as gief. that would be amazing.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    Is there any word of Rolento's rolls being punishable on block? Cause they sure as hell look safe.