Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
      0 points
    Some of these changes are pretty interesting.

Being able to strike out of hooligan is something that i've been wanting for awhile now. Looks like they sacrificed some of her damage and stun for versatility.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
      0 points
    AuraWind:
    Yea basically. It just went from a super fast easy hitco into a slightly slower less easy hitco.

EDIT: Also, it seems really weird that you can only not rapid cancel c.LK into itself. IF the change really means you can't rapid cancel into anything from c.LK, you're looking at a 1 frame link for the s.LP which would make this a significant nerf

Sounds like what they did to Yang from Arcade to 2012.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2014
      1 point
    Just select plink it like the rest of the universe. Or man up ;)

Guys main links are primarly one frame, life goes on lol
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
      1 point
    That's part of it, but the real nerf is because you can't blindly throw out c.LK into a hitco anymore. Now you have to commit to doing the 1-frame link every time instead of fishing for a mixup. So Fei will get opened up a little more instead of dominating you with stupid 3 frame lows into big meterless damage.

That's all IF that's what the change really meant. If it's true that only c.LK can't cancel into itself, then it's like whatever.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
      0 points
    4 frame startup and the confirms are very difficult. That's a big deal. The issue isn't about manning up, it's how reduced his strength will be. Even the best feis in the world will have reduced strength in their bully game because of it. Manning up won't make my c.LK faster.

But yeah you're right, 1 framers lets do this. All the links!!!!!
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I think it's a crock of shit imo, but I plan on playing the character regardless. He gets about 220 to 250 off his rekka combo and if you do two cr shorts it's even lower. I'm not arguing that Fei isn't good, but he's not a gimmick character. He's a mid range footsies character and there taking away his best move. While other characters still have 3 frame lows, chun and sakura for example and both of them do great damage and can even combo into ultra off of it more so with sakura. Imo it's a huge nerf because he's got no vortex or bs just good pokes and corner pressure. I can tell he is getting dick because mago is dropping him, but that's what capcom bases nerfs off of is the high level Japanese players. It's all good though odds are if he's complete shit I'll be dropping sf and just go back to just running tournaments. I really don't understand Capcom sometimes but I'm staying optimistic till I actually play the game.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
      0 points
    No one said it's a gimmick but the mixups he got off his c.LK was a bit out of control. You're saying he's a mid range footsies character but you're complaining about them taking away a ridiculous close range mixup tool? I'm confused. That normal needed a nerf for sure. Don't think Sakura didn't go unnoticed, she got pretty hard with nerfs too and Chun is garbage so lulz?
    FlatLine
      0 points
    So after research cr lk st jab has always been a one frame link. I'm playing Fei and tbh I think he'll still be top tier imo. I'm good :D
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014
      3 points
    Deron no it wasn't at all. I even mention this in another post c.LK s.LP currently is a chain. Check here http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/apr/17/fei-longs-frame-data-street-fighter-4/

cs.LP fs.LP c.LP c.LK are all listed having C*Sp*Su or C*Su

C = Chain
    Sp = Special
    Su = Super

So all of them with the exception to c.LK can cancel into another chained normal, cancel into a special, and cancel into super. We know c.LK can't cancel into rekka (thank god) but all the jabs can. So what you'r edoing is

c.LK s.LP c.LP xx rekka...

c.LK -> s.LP is a chain. Go into training right now and mash as hard as you can on c.LK into s.LP and it will always combo. Lots of characters can do this. s.LP c.LP is a link you can't do specials off of chains (unless they are target combos) so the s.LP c.LP becomes a 3 frame link (s.LP is +5 event hubs doesn't have ae 2012 updated for it lol...) So c.LK s.LP is not a link that's why you never drop the combo going that way, the combo gets dropped when you go from s.LP to c.LP.

This is all it's doing. It's changing fei from using his crushing low into confirmed combos, and requiring him to use his jab instead. c.LP s.LP c.LP will still combo into rekka just fine. The issue is that it was a low.
  10. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    ^ very similar to gief right now. Go to training mode with gief and mash cr. jab and it combos no problem. But try to mash cr lk and it's no good. The cr. jab is the chain, meaning you can cancel the recovery of the jab into another jab by just pressing jab, basically making combing it free taking very little timing at all. However the cr lk is a link, meaning you can't cancel the recovery of the move just by hitting it again, you have to wait for the entire animation to finish before you can input the next normal, thus making the timing to link another cr. lk before the hit stun runs out and won't combo very tight (1 frame). Being able to chain a low into a hit co is a very power tool, and for fei who's BnB pushes you about halfway across the screen which gives him corner in 2 combos max, he shouldn't have a spamable 3 frame chainable low that leads to easy rekkas when he already has solid up close option including a command grab.

I've been 1 frame linking my cr lk for 3 years now, it's very droppable and very punishable if I screw it up so cry me a river about having a 1 frame link. Shoguns main way to combo into ultra is a 1 frame link, boxers high damage combos are 1 frame, sf4 is FULL of 1 frame links and that's not changing, don't think it's something to be up in arms about
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014 edited
      1 point
    I am pretty sure btw that deron understands all this, he just had a sleight in memory that c.LK to s.LP is a chain for fei. But yeah lows are super good in this game especially for a character like gief. I can only imagine if c.LK for gief chained lol.........
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I'm still playing Fei and I'm not bitching about the one frame link I was more concerned about the cr short losing frames. That was all lol. Thanks *^.^*
  13. Member
      1 point
    I wish balrog crouching short to crouching jab was atleasy a 2 frame link. But sadly it's one
  14. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
      0 points
    So I qualified for the Capcom Cup online qualifier (qualified for a qualifier, right?) And my first match is against NashFan from Texas. I know he plays chun, but does anyone have any intel on him or matchup tips? I'm playing either T. Hawk, Yang or Sakura.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    LOL you vs nashfan gl.

best ground game on chun li in the states easy.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Good encouragement!!!! Practice man you never know, try youtubing some videos and see his patterns and habits. Peter plays chun maybe he'll have some tips pm him.
  17. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2014
      -1 points
    Sorry I'm with fox. He's super solid, gives me a lot of trouble. Would suggest against t hawk.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Ya, probably not going to work out well, especially since you're even considering bringing T.Hawk to this fight. Yang is mostly even in that matchup but... just grind out the practice. A few hours a day on setups and combos and a few more hours on matchup knowledge.
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Fine Deron!

Yeah i would say you want to play either sakura or yang personally. You aren't going to outspace him so you might be able to mix him up and random him out since chun doesn't exactly have the best wakeup game.

My issue is intel won't matter at this point. Even if you know his entire game chun isn't one of those characters especially if she keeps it at a distance that it matters. He can just zone and poke you to death. It would be like if you asked me what is the intel on brandon. My intel would be he takes risks and likes to go ham once he's in. But at brandon's level that type of intel doesn't really help hah. To beat brandon i'd say you have to outspace him which is easier said then done.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    haha..kid asks the local "experts" for help....and they tell him he doesn't have a chance...go online fine some safe jumps with yang and sakura if you feel comfortable with them in the match up. work on your set ups counter pokes reactions...above all else man just have fun win lose or draw make sure you learn something.