Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Development times:

Sfa1 to sfa2 - 8 months
    Sf3: 2nd impact to 3s - 18 months
    cvs1 to cvs2 - 11 months
    sf4:2013 to usf4 - 13 months

........Capcom was being lazy. lol

Big D:
    is charge partitioning in this SF?

yes, there is but the uses are not as widespread as 3s. Mostly used to combo into select ultras after a dash (guile and deejay).
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014
      1 point
    Gotta a lot of work to do. I never had the chance to take sf4 seriously. 3 months til ultra right? Maybe I can play Balrog/Cammy until then and get sfxtk to get a handle on posion.

Charge buffering should be useful for Decapre
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Yeah i'd say balrog would work since he has a lot of charge options. Get used to matchups and using backdashes/focuses.. then when usf4 drops time to switch.

Also charge buffering for sure is going to be important on her, it will allow you to jump forward and dive kick, that is of course if the dive kick can be done instantly. I don't think there is a big window for buffering.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Seventy2B:
    ^ really? I think the name is cool. It's December in Russian, since they are all the dolls are named after months. Also forgot to mention, I'm totally fine with them adding another Russian :-)

maybe it'll grow on me...Killer D. When is this game out again? i just wanna play Rolento already.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Halfro:
    Development times:

Sfa1 to sfa2 - 8 months
    cvs1 to cvs2 - 11 months

Your post makes me sad Half :(
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      0 points
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014
      1 point
    Halfro:
    Development times:

Sfa1 to sfa2 - 8 months
    cvs1 to cvs2 - 11 months

Either that, or there are very, very few people working on the game, and they're probably very limited in terms of what kind of new content they can make.

But yeah, lazy, whatever
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014
      0 points
    Moses:
    Halfro:
    Development times:

Sfa1 to sfa2 - 8 months
    cvs1 to cvs2 - 11 months

Either that, or there are very, very few people working on the game, and they're probably very limited in terms of what kind of new content they can make.

But yeah, lazy, whatever

Kof 12/ 13 had a team of like 6 to make both games. Cant get anymore limited resource wise than snk lmao
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014
      1 point
    To be fair, Capcom was able to reuse all of the spritework from their previous games for any game in the series. CvS1 to 2, Alpha series, SF3 to 3s.

They didn't really add much. Also, SF4 has more characters than any mainline SF before it. This isn't ALL laziness. Some, definitely, because fuck...couldn't they have changed her hair? But this expansion is obviously aimed at the competitive scene and budgeted accordingly.

I prefer it that way. Just make sure that SF5 is the shit coming out of the gate.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014 edited
      1 point
    Even with that consideration (reused sprites) all the games I listed also had brand new characters with all new sprite work, balance changes, new modes and sometimes new attacks (entire snk cast needed medium attacks for cvs2 lol).

Hey, maybe they had a tiny budget. Maybe there wasnt enough time. But, dont sell a BRAND NEW character like that in all caps and drop off juni lol

P.s. not that I really even care but, some more effort could have been used there. A little could have went a long way especially with the reused normals.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      3 points
    Yeah, people probably wouldn't be as mad if they hadn't hyped this reveal up for almost a year. lol

That was stupid.
  12. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Not only that but they decided to clone the most disliked character in the game right now and the first footage of her, she looked broken as shit..
  13. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2014
      3 points
    Ft5

Ft5

Couple more first to 5s I've played recently
    FlatLine
      1 point
    Does anyone watch the sets that Japan runs and it's top players playing against random online people? Any of you guys interested in doing this? Playing at someones place, stream it and critique each others game play?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2014
      1 point
    I watch this quite often actually. I also highly recommend this to people all the time. Just recently telling skilletor to find kazunoko's 1 hour+ sets.

PR Balrog does this constantly on his stream. While this is online you get to see why X character is really good. You see things like kazunoko beating infiltration then losing to like xian later on. Watch him for an hour vs guys who are like shogun's level and he's like steamrolling everyone like so badly you are wondering why Yun isn't top tier.

It's very fun to watch and yes i would be interested in doing this big time.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Yes I agree definitely! I've watched both fuudo and magos sets on a consistent basis! Wish there was more top level feis. I like watching them because it also shows how to play match ups differently and shows the comparison between two or more people that play the same character but play completely different. Mago is way more aggressive. I know springs has really been focusing on talking and learning and trying to get everyone better instead of few excelling. I think this could be a lot of fun as well.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014
      0 points
    knowing when you have a charge is so different to me..... I need a little blazeblu lighting icon when I have a charge
    FlatLine
      0 points
    So feis cr short is 4 frame now and is not cancable into itself. Does that mean I can't do cr short cr short stand jab cr jab rekkas?
  19. Member
      0 points
    You probably have to crouching jab after the crouching short.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Yea basically. It just went from a super fast easy hitco into a slightly slower less easy hitco.

EDIT: Also, it seems really weird that you can only not rapid cancel c.LK into itself. IF the change really means you can't rapid cancel into anything from c.LK, you're looking at a 1 frame link for the s.LP which would make this a significant nerf