Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Sounds dumb to me lol
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014
      0 points
    If Poison is just like how she is in the SCR location test, I will play her 100%
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Do you guys think that any version will be tourney legal for evo? I think it will be.
  4. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Zangief tier list

Sf4- probably the best gief to date. Damage was bonkers, 200 damage per light SPd, ultra did 600 damage, lariat trade into exgh did big damage, cr short was 3 frames, 2 frame link instead of 1, exgh does kd, 1200 life. only downfall is no blizzard and range on SPd isn't as far as later versions. Best version I think for any matchup where you don't need blizzard.

Ssf4- garbage, damage nerfs, ultra 2 is awful. Lost life. Ex gh still knocks down. Never see any reason to use this version, probably the worst overall.

Ssf4 ae lost green hand knockdown, got lp SPd range and better damage on fierce SPd. Also blizzard became controllable and much better range. Better than super but not 2012

Ssf4ae 2012 all buffs from AE. Better damage on exgh and standing far fierce knocks down. No nerfs, best gief for ultra 2
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    A lot of vanilla characters had monster damage so people who played SSF4 or later characters would in trouble in some match ups. Sagat uppercut FADC ultra does 622 dmg in vanilla lol.

That being said. I do hope they run any version at Evo haha. Mostly just to see who people would choose.

I think it would be fun to run any version tournaments here in colorado. At least a few times to see how things play out.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      1 point
    Yay...... :-/
  7. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Yeah I think it'll be interesting to see how the different versions interact. Like you say, sf4 sagat has bonkers damage, but he will get destroyed by vortex characters like Akuma without a delayed wakeup. However vortex heavy Akuma I think will really struggle against ultra characters with delayed wakeup and red focus. I think the game will strongly resemble ST now with some really good character but they have very hard counters. The only one I'm really worried about is AE yun because he was basically OP by design. He'd probably be best character in the game, but I think sf4 gief will be a hard counter to him. The match was 5-5ish in AE, give gief 100 more health and way more damage and a kd green hand, it will be very much in giefs favor IMO. Other than that, I dunno who can stand up to AE yun....
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014 edited
      0 points
    I'm excited but not excited if this gets allowed for tournaments.

vanilla seth/vanilla akuma/ae yun/ae yang are gonna dumpster so much.

Vanilla seth like beats so many characters for free. Honestly brandon i don't think delayed wakeup does much to vanilla characters the damage they deal is so big. I mean vanilla blanka and vanilla balrog are both the best versions. Yeah gief is gonna be fun, but he's gonna lose to every single shoto don't forget old tatsu escape will work.
  9. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    I'm with you fox, trust me I remember, vanilla gief was A tier, except he lost to every other A tier character in the game. I wouldn't use v gief against anyone but like rog or yun or characters I don't need ultra 2. Ultra gief isn't sounding too bad in the latest build, ex green hand is back to AE faster but no kd, lp green hand is sped up and is -2 on hit, and cr lk is 2 frame link again. So he sounding like the best version of gief with blizzard and also he'll have double ultra so he'll be pretty versital it sounds like.

Also I hear this won't be an online mode, only local play. So now if I had to guess, I say this evo will have 2 category's, 1 ultra and 1 any version but ultra will be the main way to play.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I don't think it will be tournament legal. That would be bonkers seriously lol.
  11. Member
      0 points
    You cant play online with different versions only ultra version
  12. Member
      0 points
    I hope this is tournament legal or at least has tournaments for it.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I'm not sure how my sfco partner feels but I won't be allowing it at any of my tournaments.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    Malice The God:
    I'm not sure how my sfco partner feels but I won't be allowing it at any of my tournaments.

maybe for fun. but when ultra drops we will be playing the ultra version.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    It'll be good for laughs I'm sure. I hope the goofy glitches are back too
  16. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    Malice The God:

If evo is running any version only I would hope you would do the same
    FlatLine
      1 point
    Clearly lol
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014
      1 point
    I am defintely not interested in playing hyper sf4 in tournament.

P.s. evo isnt known to make the best decisions, ps3 versions of anything ever lol
  19. Member
      0 points
    Well PS3 is fine for games done by companies who aren't bad at developing on it. Only Capcom games have those problems, which means it makes no sense to have Capcom games on PS3..
  20. Member
      0 points
    I really doubt version select will be tournament standard. Kind of negates the nerfs the top got in Ultra if you can just choose their best version.