Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014
      1 point
    KBrad lacks straight solid foots in comparison with top top guys. Xaio Hai for example is just as wild as Kbrad but has incredible fundamentals. This doesn't take anything away from KBrad, he is a great player but his weakness lies in neutral game and which is why when people see him play they get a bad taste in their mouth. I look at him and aquasilk and i feel like they shouldn't be winning. But they do. Then i realized both have a strong mental game and play well under pressure and that is very important. KBrad beating infiltration should prove that. Playing under pressure is a HUGE thing and there are players even in colorado who do great in casuals and then stink it up in tournaments.

Zeus on the other hand is like this super ridiculous foots player who shows what claw can do. Claw's foots game is crazy good and it's rare to see it but thankfully guys like zeus are showing that in the usa. Zeus also plays well under pressure. I really really enjoy watching zeus play. I've always been preaching claw is good type thing and i like watching zeus because he makes that character look beastly.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      2 points
    I'll grant you that kbrad has a strong mental game, but aquasilk??? Come on, he only beats sub par comp. he has a good mental game against players who fear him/ gief. But he plays sooo reckless and doesn't make reads so much as wild guesses. Him getting shut down by Sanford's ONI 5-0 was hard to watch.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    he makes top 8s brandon.

how is this even possible that he can do that. i'm just dumbfounded when he makes top 8s.

there has to be some reason he's there, it's not execution or tech or foots.. so the only thing left is mental game hahaahaha.
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    I've played Aquasilk before and the ONLY way he looks to land damage is jump ins and hail mary's. I think he's so confident that you think after the 4th DP in a in 12 seconds row he will stop jumping... but he doesn't! So maybe that's his mental game lol.
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
      1 point
    This is a good read about defensive options in SF4. I know I hurt my game for a while by picking akuma. I relied on teleport and just DPing for a long time. Had to go back and learn things the hard way.

http://xianmsg.blogspot.sg/2014/01/tips-on-becoming-better-fighting-game.html?m=1

One thing I notice among Colorado players (myself included) is the lack of defensive mix ups. A lot of times it's only throw techs and DPs. One thing I use a lot now is mashing cr.jab. This has been very helpful. It keeps people from getting any kind of walk in throw pressure. Of course all options listed are good and it's important to mix up it up as much as you mix up your offense.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    =[
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    =[

lol
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014
      1 point
    We are back to mashing buttons again?!? Yes! It was getting hard to open people up with guy lol

Shut up peter

Shut up fox

Lol
  9. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited
      1 point
    72B's Gief MAtchup chart

heres my matchup chart for zangief. This is obviously my own chart based of my own experience from playing and watching top players. Few explanations

Sagat 3-7...the perfect counter to Zangief... fireballs in general are hard for gief to get around. sagat has one of the best fireball games in SF. then his standing roundhouse acts as a giant stop sign for gief. even giefs long sweep gets beaten by standing roundhouse, plus it anit airs, super fast, super hard to whiff punish. getting in on sagat is extremely hard, then you figure moves like tiger knee and ex fireball launch gief all the way across the screen, which basically means more free damage for sagat. Jumping can be punished big time by forward roundhouse or uppercuts. Then once you finally navigate the tiger obstacle course, unlike say Sim or Juri (other obstacle course characters) he has a legit uppercut threat, which can be fadc'd for huge damage. Throw in he has above average health and you have a character with the perfect tools to shut down gief. One of the 3 worst matchups overall in AE IMO

Sakura 5-5 The only thing stopping this matchup from being in gief's favor is her absurd hit box on her air fierce. It makes lariat unreliable and allows her her work her corner hard knockdown set ups the same as everyone else .

Guy 7-3 Awful matchup for guy. seriously everything he does is a risk for really not much reward. Guys players have a legit gripe about fighting gief.

any other questions or disagreements lemme know and we'll discuss!
  10. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    How do you feel about gief in long sets? It's not something CO does often. but he does require some patience. This is more of a player thing than a character thing, but would you feel comfortable with gief in a long format?
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Nvm
  12. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Yeah I think that's more a match up and a player thing than a character thing. Obviously I would feel great about a ft10 with a guy, not so great about a sagat. But I think that's more who can pick up on how the other is playing, and who can make adjustments. You really have to take the info you get over a longer set and use it to change your game as opposed to just playing your own game in a short set. So yeah i feel comfortable going into a set with gief
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014 edited
      2 points
  14. Member
      0 points
    LOL. Deuce Bigalow? Sister Act 2? I literally laughed out loud at work. Awesome...
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2014
      0 points
    I will be having a gathering this Tuesday 1/28 at my place for some SF4. Recon will be there and anyone else that wants to show up would be great. I have 1 xbox360 set up with 2 sticks. So anyone else that comes, more setups would be appreciated!
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Shit I close Tuesday let me see if I can switch my shift
    Team Tiger's Milk
    • CommentAuthorRoogle
      0 points
    I'm not even on your tier list, D-bus! What gives?
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    Roogle:
    I'm not even on your tier list, D-bus! What gives?

I just put characters that give me major problems and characters i feel confident against. Everyone I didn't put on there I feel pretty "whatever" about.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      -1 points
    Chun-li doesn't give D-bus trouble, *I* give D-bus trouble
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    which way do i read this d-bus halp.