Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013
      0 points
    5th character reveal scenarios:

1. Awesome amazing world, everyone has AIDS edition
    They reveal the 5th character is Blue Mary and simultaneously announce CvS3

2. Fuck you Capcom edition
    The 5th character is Lucia from Final Fight 3

Also saw gameplay for Elena during Capcom Cup, she looks like she'd hit my style. Very mid-range poke focused with really good high/low mixup. I think I'm gonna give her a whirl along with Poison. Looking like my line-up is going to be

Chun, E.Ryu, Poison, and Elena.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    ^
    Chun may win most improved award for ultra... Have you seen her jump now??
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Yea, her new jump is great. You can actually follow up with some jump-in pressure now. Pretty excited about her df.LK being a decent AA again. They say it's not insane like it was in Super but not useless like it is in AE. I dunno if she got any new groundbreaking changes though, I guess it depends on what new setups she can get off the improved jump.
  4. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Hugo rolento action

So finally some Hugo footage that shows his potential! So my take of Hugo from this video is he will play entirely different from everybody in the game including gief and hawk. The obvious cons I and I think everyone sees is that he is giant and without any meter, he's a sitting duck waiting to be rushed the f down by just about everyone. He's slow and has trouble getting in. He also can't chain lights or cancel off his light punch, Only his light kick. Plus his normals are slow and awkward.

Now some things I'm seeing that I think his game will revolve around. His range on his lights is HUGE! Seriously his stand lk reaches about half screen. His stand mp reaches over half screen. And of course his cr mk has good range and is a hard knockdown. I'm not sure how safe cr mk is but it looks like spaced right it could be safe against some of the cast but I would think some characters could punish. His damage is just bonkers though and once he traps you in the corner, you are in serious serious trouble. Wall throw plus follow up does crazy damage. Tick into cancel meat squasher looks somewhat legit actually, Valle got caught a number of times by it. And finally, once huge get super, I think he will be scarier than gen honestly. Valle was at like 90% when he got caught by stand lk into super and was below 40% after it was done. Throw in that Hugo can also combo into ultra 2 off super like gen and holy shit. Anyone in their right might would be terrified to stick out a normal against a fully loaded Hugo when he can hit you with a lk from half screen and wreck you. So then you don't wanna play foots so what do you do then? Jump at him? I don't think so when he has 4 ex back breakers with your name on it and then he gets a kd and starts his game up. So then what? Back yourself into the corner out of fear? Thank you very much says Hugo. Not only that but it looks pretty fast and reaches about half screen, I'm wondering if it will punish stuff like blanka ball or ex psycho and so on. He looks simply beastly when he is loaded. Almost enough to where maybe you do jump at him to make him use his damn meter.

I think the way he will kinda shape up is at the start of the match, people will Really wanna rush him the f down and never ever let him get any momentum. And I think most Hugo players will get discouraged and drop him because it will be a struggle. But I think as a Hugo player you will have to have the mind set that that can and probably will happen and you will get a couple of chances in a match and you'll have to make them count. Cuz where we say now "cammy can kill you off 1 or 2 knockdowns" we mean that if she gets the chance to put you in her vortex, you may never get out, we will say Hugo can kill you off 2 knockdowns because literally he can kill you off 2 knockdowns.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013
      0 points
    Yeah i think hugo is one of those guys where you're gonna have to have him IN the lab before you can draw major conclusions. I think that's how it is with all new characters.

Like it's not about punishing MP blanka ball, but can you punish LK upball. Because LK upball covers a great amount of space in it's sweet spot and it's a reason t.hawk can't do anything because upball covers him even if he ducks it and he can't approach with it. At least you can jump over MP ball. Things like that should be quite interesting. My major worry is gief has really solid fast normals up close, so when he gets there he has spd, normals, good anti air. Hugo doesn't appear to have that. But he does have damage. Jeez.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Vega and Elena right now
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2013
      0 points
    Rolento...and Rolento....possibly Rolento
  8. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2013
      2 points
    Im glad Hugo is in. Now i can choose 3 characters. im gonna try and get on this game as soon as it drops. im not getting left behind this time!!
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Smilez:
    Im glad Hugo is in. Now i can choose 3 characters. im gonna try and get on this game as soon as it drops. im not getting left behind this time!!

Yeah thinking about hugo/t.hawk/e.ryu?
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Smilez:

Time to go back to your Vanilla roots and play that Guile again.
  11. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      0 points
    naw im off the guile train for now. honestly i completely forgot that was my dog back in the day lol. He could make a comeback. I like other characters, but when its all said and done Guile probably fits my play style best, I'm just being stubborn and trying other characters.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Smilez you and I play very similiar with our poking/foots space control style.

E.Ryu is one like that. he has big combos but he's extremely poking before then.
    really really really suggest you try out fei long. He's extremely fun and very space oriented and poking with priority.

But yeah guile also works. Guile/Balrog/Claw are all good ones as well. I just want you to play and stick with it =[
  13. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      0 points
    yeah sticking with it will be the big thing. E ryu really got my interest in the game up and I started enjoy to the game. I broke my copy of AE on x box on accident and since then i haven't played it much, but since evo I knew i would be interested in Ultra.

I'll mess with others, but for sure Hugo, t hawk, and E ryu.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2013
      2 points
    Saw this on srk, seemed neat:

http://www.slitherware.com/sf4-show-off/

Lets you make the AI do garunteed reversals/random options on wakeup. Great for practicing OS' and safejumps as opposed to the semi-faulty in game record feature.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014
      1 point
    Vega top tier?!?!? First German Luger at Frosty Faustings, now Zues at DTN?????????!?!?!!
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Yeah, that shit was so hype. Vega vs Cammy is such a crappy matchup too lol.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Zeus is so godlike. Guys foots are so solid.
  18. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Yeah was a good performance. Glad to see the character do well and played to his potential. Also I think he outplayed kbrad in every way. Sorry but I think that guy plays absolutely brain dead and is rewarded with cammy.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    I missed it hopefully it's archived.
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2014 edited
      1 point
    Seventy2B:
    Yeah was a good performance. Glad to see the character do well and played to his potential. Also I think he outplayed kbrad in every way. Sorry but I think that guy plays absolutely brain dead and is rewarded with cammy.

haha I couldn't agree with you more. There are plenty of cammy players out there that are very talented and good players. Something about kbrad and his style is very dull and I don't enjoy watching him play.

ProOne - It probably was. Check twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

I like seeing different characters win, especially when facing a top tier. I hope this continues in ultra, I know they said this is their plan. I just hope it all works out.