Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013
      0 points
    Dj.....

Duds belongs on that list before he gets a knockdown, after he gets one....LETS GO!
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      0 points
    but el feurte .....nah he sucks. So far I am most interested in playing poison.....unless the new character is....
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    Come by my place and lets get some sets in to prep you for Ultra! Might as well if you're already at Clutch :P
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Halfro:
    Dj.....

Duds belongs on that list before he gets a knockdown, after he gets one....LETS GO!

yeah he's gonna get in, so many options to get in. Duds makes everyone look like OG sagat with the way they can just zone him out. Terrible character.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
      -2 points
    .....or you could come to clutch jackass
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      1 point
    Naaaaw
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013 edited
      0 points
    1. Dan
    2. El Fuerte
    3. T hawk
    4. Deejay
    5. Chun

I have to imagine Deejay and Chun have some at least some favorable match ups.
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    dhalsim isnt too bad. He gets owned in the corner but if youre a strong player he can do well.

I think duds is pretty bad along with elf.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    What am I missing about dj?
  10. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013
      0 points
    Pro One:
    What am I missing about dj?

His good options. Everyone is
      0 points
    im not much of a SF player
    but from what ive seen DJ doesnt look good or bad lol
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    I personally thought Deejay was better than Chunli but then Fox proceeded to destroy my assumptions and arguments in IRC.

He's got a great AA and a good forward pressure armor breaking attack. Other than that, he has pretty bad normals with the exception of c.MK and a well-spaced c.HK. His machine-gun upper combo does great damage but good luck creating an opening to land that. His U1 has some pretty terrible range too.

Charge chars in general have it really bad in vortex fighter 4, especially if they don't have a good reversal with invincibility. It's not that he's a bad char, he looks okay on paper, he just doesn't fit into what SF4 has become. Same thing with Chun, who used to be a pretty solid upper-mid tier char in Super is now low-tier in AE.

Mechanics keep changing and they introduce buffs that change the meta of the game.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Dj is weaker then blanka. Blanka is mid tier for sure. DJ is worse then chun clearly.

an ok jumpin that crosses.
    an ok low

there isn't much. he's about as good as gief. both are worse then chun and chun is pretty weak. He's a pretty weak character. I consider blanka mid tier and DJ is below him for sure. And blanka has pretty average options.

But this is sf4, all characters have the potential to win. The tier differences aren't that huge at all, but he is a bad character. even if i tried i couldn't find 10 characters worse then him. Which puts him bottom for sure.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    i.f.s justinvigil:
    im not much of a SF player
    but from what ive seen DJ doesnt look good or bad lol

Yes in sf4 most characters have options for sure, the game is quite balanced for the amount of characters.. so when i say he's one of the worst it's not like he's light years behind everyone. But he is bad, Brandon defends him because he sees potential in low tier characters because he wins with a terrible character. DJ can win for sure. TOP DJ in usa would win in colorado probably. But that doesn't discount that he is weak haha.
  15. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    No I wasn't defending dj. I was saying he was missing his good options because he doesn't really have any.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    oh my fault LOL
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    Is Dakou the only notable Deejay player?
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
      0 points
    Apparently rog's tap is being adjusted

On block
    Lv1 is 0
    Lv2 -1
    Lv3 -3

All levels better on hit, too. That's so good, grapplers can now s my d.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    ROFL that can't be true, that's almost borderline broke.

Armor breaker that's 0 on block if you hit into a juggle state can combo ultra?

LOL wat. Rog OP!
  20. Member
    • CommentAuthorKnobbonk
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2013
      0 points
    I heard it from Javits, otherwise I would have called bs