Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013
      0 points
    Yeah man, sounds just like Cammy without TKCS. Can just block all day long. Adon definitely trash tier.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Logos:
    Yeah man, sounds just like Cammy without TKCS. Can just block all day long. Adon definitely trash tier.

how can one man be so useless.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Sir, your counterpoint is excellent and flawlessly constructed. I cannot argue further, and I cede the victory to you and your brilliant logic.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    rather than waste time and posts here trolling about a 2 year old topic find something creative to bring to the discussion. Those are Gamerbee's notes and opinion on a character that a couple of us play(people that actually play the game). That post served no purpose other than to derail the thread, kinda like what you are doing in the voting thread. What exactly is your purpose for this? I mean back in the day maybe you actually did things for the EFL, other than troll topics i could be wrong. So if you don't mind step aside and let people who are actually excited about this game discuss it.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    Who says I'm not excited about the game? I was just pointing out that you have a history of both underrating the characters you play and overreacting to nerfs. I'm sure Adon will be fine, as he was really strong before any nerfs. I'd be surprised if he ends up any lower than upper-mid tier.

As far as "derailing" threads I didn't feel like voting in the other one since I don't really know who's the top in four out of the five games listed. I didn't realize that neg-repping incredibly stupid lists was so disruptive to a thread.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      -1 points
    saying "not looking too good for the muy thai king" is an overreaction? you're sure he will be fine, yet the best Adon player in the world seems to have a different opinion. These changes are not yet final so they may be different in the final version. Again, the post was meant to inform people of a top players opinion.

There's a reason Deron is asking for votes in the thread. He asked for you to either vote or stop with the neg reps, since he's actually doing things for the fighting game community why not just respect his wishes. Either way the majority of posts that you make are trolling, not my job to take care of that thats up to the mods. I'm simply pointing it out.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    complete notes from Valle and Gamerbee... Mostly Rolento stuff..from eventhubs.com

Rolento notes

Alex Valle:

• Rolento's st.LP to cr.MK works but it's a 1 frame link. St.HK to cr.MK xx MP Patriot Circles is a daddy combo.

• F+MK is a really fast overhead. Looks like the pogo, but doesn't hop. Jump D+MK (pogo) is similar to SFxT, but shorter hop distance.

• Does not have the spring towards and away (the down-up long jump move from Alpha series.)

• Counter hit st.MK and st.HK (I think) into U2 connects. Gonna test later. Thought I saw Peter land it.

• Patriot Circle last rep can cancel into grenade super for bread and butter combo.

• Cr.MK doesn't have much range. Cr.MK can't combo into HP Patriot Circle only LP/MP can. Close st. HP combos into HP Patriot Circles.

• St. Hp is fast, and has great range to create distance. Hits 2 times from close, so it easily breaks focus.

• Cr.MK needs to be extended a lil bit further to help his ground game. His EX wall jump should be controllable. Everything else is solid.

• He doesn't have manual air control from jumping off the wall, and his Patriot Circles are punishable on block. Same with EX versions.

• He also has zero FADC specials.

GamerBee:

• Rolento is top tier for sure. He can juggle so many things into Ultra 1, like D+MK>EX QCF+P>U1, or close st. HP>EX QCF+K>P>EX QCF+P>U1.

• Rolento st.MP when counter air opponent, you can juggle after full rekka, or EX QCF+P>U1 (with full Ultra bar it's like 500 damage.)

General and other character info

GamerBee:

• Ken walk speed is not increased THAT much, but he seems the only one who still can FADC HP Shoryuken on 2nd hit. Should be top tier.

• The delayed wake up command is, "push any 2 button when you touch the ground." It's not delayed a lot, but helps. Works on throw too.

• Adon st.HK is now 1 hit with a damage of 120 , but the start-up becomes 2nd hit timing, that means slower at start-up. Air Jaguar Kick does 10 damage on block, poor.

• All Adon ground Jaguar Kicks damage -10 (this is okay), cheap damage only like 30, so everyone will just block, and Adon take risk after block.

Alex Valle

• Guy's st. HK is better for anti air now. Elbow drop can still be low profiled (evaded) by Ryu's cr. MK.
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      -2 points
    Quite frankly, I give zero fucks about your or his opinion on the matter. I'm free to look at and neg rep any posts I feel like and I'm not sure how doing so in any way causes an issue in that thread. I wasn't posting anything to steer it off course, and in fact I didn't post at all until he complained about the awful, hurtful neg reps I so callously gave out.

I also fail to see how most of my posts are trolling; maybe most of my posts that relate to you are trolling, but that's because it's pretty hard to take you seriously. I'm done with this public cat fight crap though. If you really feel a need to continue it let's take it to PM. After all, we wouldn't want to derail the thread, would we?
  9. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    Hmm adon st.rh nerf is pretty bad. That was a very good poke and kept people from abusing focus against him.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah it's a big nerf to his foots game. But i'd take those nerfs over what is gonna happen to akuma/fei/cammy/etc.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    People are complaining thinking vega having invincibility on ex upper will break the game?!? Wtf?!?
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    He's very strong with it i'm not playing. It allows him to get out of dive kick pressure if he has meter. Which is his MAJOR issue. Claw cannot deal with dive kicks. Now he has SOMETHING.

His pokes are crazy and no one can really handle him in a mid range game unless they have a fireball and even then it's hard. He's gonna be really solid. And the best part is he won't be OP so the changes are good.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    Guy:

+ increased walkspeed
    Yay better footsies

+ only negative 1 on perfect run / stop
    Brilliant! Now I can fight big guys before they get super or ultra.

+ s.rh hitbox size increase, hurt box decrease and more active frames (5)
    I will take it. :)

Everything else is just ok (hp hozanto 2 frames faster, d/f+rh 2 frames faster, elbows slightly bigger hit box)

- 2 frames added ex tatsu
    I am neutral on this until I see how it works, guys wake up is already weak, I just live with it at this point lol

- lost tc buff in announcment video
    And still whiffing on sak, cody, shotos...capcom please. Fix the fucking hit box already.

- elbows/run overhead still whiff on low profile moves even after buff
    Capcom please fix the fucking hit box already.

Overall, good start just fix the dumb little issues he has had for every sf4 apperance and i will be content (and even play!)

No scouter jump rolento is a farce. Who is that character? He looks like rolento but moves nothing like him lol
  14. Fresh out the DANGER ROOM
      0 points
    Foxisquick:
    He's very strong with it i'm not playing. It allows him to get out of dive kick pressure if he has meter. Which is his MAJOR issue. Claw cannot deal with dive kicks. Now he has SOMETHING.

His pokes are crazy and no one can really handle him in a mid range game unless they have a fireball and even then it's hard. He's gonna be really solid. And the best part is he won't be OP so the changes are good.

Fox, how would you classify claw as far as difficulty to play with?
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Simple overall. He has some really tight links that are pretty required for high level play but nothing that much harder then any other character at high level. One of the links in particular that is EXTREMELY important for high level is c.LP c.LP c.LP c.MP or c.LP c.LP c.MP. Those are all 1 frame links but you can cancel the c.MP into a ex wall dive for some good damage.

Outside of that he is just really super pokey and is just a beast to deal with horizontally. Mago used to play yang instead of fei long vs claw players in the usa because fighting claw with fei in a horizontal game was pretty annoying. i'll post a video here of some extremely good claw play. Zeus is one of the best claw players in north america. Smug is a recent sf4 household name with all his big combos and big play. He's won a few EC tourneys beating out guys like sanford/etc. This is a FT5 between the two. You can see how Claw is just this stop sign if you want to try to move forward.

Playing blanka and balrog i have to be careful using my long normals. Claw can use c.MP to punish things that normally aren't punishable. It's a 4 frame startup and a LONG range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g5aCqgeWd0
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013
      0 points
    Gnarr:
    Hmm adon st.rh nerf is pretty bad. That was a very good poke and kept people from abusing focus against him.

Yeah i looked at some of the numbers with half yesterday. If what they've stated holds true it goes from being a 9 frame focus breaking attack to a 13ish non-cancelable attack. I really don't see a reason you would use it over standing HP which comes out in 8 frames just less range but less possiblity of adon having his leg ripped off. Even Cr. HP is faster at 11 frames, they aren't done tweaking yet.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah for sure big nerf. Thankfully frames are intact for iajk or i'd be like that guy is gonna be trash tier.

I think you're gonna see maybe more cancels from c.MK to deal with focuses, because s.HK can't deal with it anymore. But i think his range game will be weaker. So guys he wants to zone will have an easier time getting in. Probably makes the gief/adon matchup harder since gief could potentially focus through it now. Against shotos though i don't think it will be a huge deal.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013
      0 points
    ew...cr. mk haha i like that move but the hitbox on it is so funky..so visually deceiving since it doesn't extend to the end of his foot.

IAJK being intact is a big deal. Taking the chip damage down i don't understand but its not a huge deal anway. you throw that to hit with it not for it to be blocked.

Currently it looks like Adon may have to take more risks. Improving revolver might turn out to be a big deal..especially if that double ultra rumor is true.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Yeah excited to play vega again been watching a ton of videos. He's got a ton of dope set ups.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Pro One:
    Yeah excited to play vega again been watching a ton of videos. He's got a ton of dope set ups.

right now i think claw with these changes on paper is going to have issues vs rufus/yun/yang/akuma/cammy/ken and anyone else who had solid oki setups and air pressure. I think those matchups will be easier though because of invincible frames on terror. But still a problem for him. I'd say all those are gonna still be 6-4s .

fortunately every other one of his matchup he's even of favored in. His problem in current SF4 is he dies to vortex and oki really really bad. So he's sqaure mid tier because of it. With changes puts him in a nice area to be a force in sf4. What's interesting is that he does well vs akuma ONLY because he can actually punish c.HK from akuma haha into damage. For colorado matchups Claw beats or is even with balrog, blanka, akuma, gief, rose, chun and honda.

He doesn't get more play because he's all foots based and really boring to play from a combo perspective. I've been talking about claw for a while now about being strong and slept on.