Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
      1 point
    Now SnakeEyez thinks gief might be one of the best characters in this build. Wtf, I didn't see that coming.

Also ex hand is now hard knockdown.
  2. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
      2 points
    Yeah snake did a lil write up on Srk this morning. Lp green hand is really really good. It being sped up means you can actually use it against fireballs and then spd due to it's sped up start up and recovery. And now after an SPd you can get a cross up mix up jump in again because the green hand after is sped up and leaves you more time after. The mix up you get off landing a green hand obviously isn't at good as landing an exgh in 2012 but it also doesn't cost meter and it gets you in. Even if your -2 you are up close and you have a chance to get some damage if you guess right or push them back to the corner. Lp gh also is quick enough to punish some dp fadc backdashes on block, he said against sagat for sure. Also ex green hand is now a hard knockdown, so fireballers need to be really careful. Interesting stuff
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013 edited
      0 points
    So maybe you're way better vs fireballers? But not as good vs like other chars?

I see blanka winning outright now.

edit: read the writeup he posted as well. It sounds like LP gh recovery is so good now that it makes up for not being able to do other things. Should be interesting to see how it develops. He says guy vs gief is 5-5 now. Makes me feel like he's better vs fireballers but not as good vs melee zoners like rog/blanka. He might be better balanced vs sim/seth/sagat but i don't think it will be better vs blanka/rog/claw/etc. Time will tell, game so far off and i want to get my hands on it now...
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      2 points
    I'm not even sure where to post this in. The old SF4 thread? the usf4? Dreamhack going on now. Big big prize pool (for fighters at least lol)

Lots of gods there, Daigo in WF vs Luffy right now. Really insane play in this tournament.

edit: http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse

link there.
  5. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
      0 points
    Omg just watched snakeeyes on stream. Dude ex gh is op!!!! Hard knockdown = three whiff lp green hand, instant corner pressure when landed mid screen!
  6. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      0 points
    Everytime Daigo and Gamerbee play it's some crazy stuff! The matches are so wild!

Watching the USF4 stream right now too. It's looking just as cRaZyYyY!!!! t hawk is so fast now! I will have to watch archieve to seel op gief tactics.

haha hugo looks pretty awesome too. insane damage.

ONLY 8 MORE MONTHS BOYS
      0 points
    thawks body looks thinner lol
    FlatLine
      0 points
    What's the stream archive?
    KICK THE TREE
      1 point
    Confirmed: Daigo is a mutant.
  10. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013 edited
      1 point
    Foxisquick:
    Confirmed: Daigo is a mutant.

He's a monster. The way he was playing yesterday was insane. Glad to see him take 1st, feel like it's been a while. Good tounry for him to win.

Pro One:
    What's the stream archive?

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/b/484056446
  11. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013
      1 point
    So I really liked what I saw from gief yesterday. The key change I think is ex green hand being a hard knockdown. That is by far the biggest change IMO. Even if you can't combo into it, it is an amazing tool for gief now. Even an anti air trade lariat= ex green hand hard knockdown. The amount of time you get afterwards is insane, if you haven't seen, you literally have time to then do 3 whiff green hands, pushing your opponent about halfway across the screen. You also have time to whiff an SPd which builds about 1/5 an ex bar and then still get an ambiguous x-up after the SPd. And now that you don't need meter to finish a combo, giefs will have more meter stocked to use for ex green hands and fadc if they get blocked. You can also hit co into ex green hand from close mp or close mk. Mk was also sped up a bit, this will help against ryu ken Akuma low forward.

I for sure think that this version of gief will be better than 2012. The key is the hard knockdown on ex green hand, if they change that into a soft knockdown and keep it not hit co-able off lights then I'm not sure.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Yeah i saw how different the LP GH looks. I'm interested to see what the final product is.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013
      0 points
    Man...Rolento's walk speed is soooo slow. he's probably slower than he was in alpha...that is quite the feat capcom.
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    But he also has really long reach, lots of multi hitting normals, and can combo into ultra 1 with one ex bar.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    I'd like to see his dash. Because as long as he has a good dash then walk speed not a big deal. I've been reading positive things about rolento though.
    FlatLine
      0 points
    Gamerbee says rolento will be top tier. Adon changes make me sad especially the way I play him. I really don't understand stand some of the buffs vs nerfs. That's for all characters in general fing crapcom.
  17. Stream Master B
    • CommentAuthorBenchi
      0 points
    Combofiend said that elena and rolento arent really complete so im sure things will change a bunch on them.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Out of the new characters i want to play elena the most. After that rolento.
      0 points
    well capcom did one thing right
    they made hugo look like sloth from the goonies
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013
      1 point
    gamerbee notes on the Jagga

• Adon st.HK is now 1 hit with a damage of 120 , but the start-up becomes 2nd hit timing, that means slower at start-up. Air Jaguar Kick does 10 damage on block, poor.

• All Adon ground Jaguar Kicks damage -10 (this is okay), cheap damage only like 30, so everyone will just block, and Adon take risk after block.

not loooking too good for the king of muy thai.