Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013 edited
      0 points
    So what do you guys think about some of the rumored changes for ultra. Obviously everything is speculation right now, but ill bite. The biggest rumored change that has my attention is that everyone can have access to both ultras at the same time. That will completely change the entire game if that turns out to be true. But the more I think about it, the more I am liking it. For most of the cast, ultra 2 is the ultra that is supposed to help fill a void or give the character something that they are lacking or arnt naturally strong in, where ultra 1 usually just fits into the characters existing strengths. But if every character could have access to both?? Holy crap, that will be nuts. There will be a lot more complete characters. Gief will have a huge ground and huge air threat once per round! Dudley can have a full screen anti fireball and big damage combo ender, Akuma can have an anti air demon while also having un-chaseable teleports!! (Yikes!!) Balrog can.... Well things won't change much for rog... But anyways, what do you guys think??
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013
      0 points
    I only use U1 with Rose for a few match-ups. So it's whatevs for me. But I can see why characters like Ken, Chun, Gief, Dudley, and Makoto would benefit. Then there's other characters like Cammy and Fei that really don't need their U2.

It'd definitely fit in with their outlook where they want every character to be a threat.
  3. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      1 point
    Sir Pants:
    I only use U1 with Rose for a few match-ups. So it's whatevs for me... Then there's other characters like Cammy and Fei that really don't need their U2.

It'd definitely fit in with their outlook where they want every character to be a threat.

Just because ultra 1 is the prefered choice for fei and cammy doesn't mean they won't use ultra if its available. Now when you play them, you'll have to think twice before throwing out obvious attacks at them. I think it will be huge for fei, he'll have the counter forcing you to be more cautious against him, on top of huge reward for landing a focus crumple. Just because you use orbs, does that mean you would pass up on 450 (that's a guess I dunno what u1 does for rose) if somebody does a bad jump in and the ultra was guaranteed? Really the only bad ultras in the game are dirty bull and orochi breaker, Guy and Ibuki can actually utilize their 2 frame ultra grabs because they are quick enough to use them as opposed to slow ass Honda and rogs. Even then though, I'm sure Honda won't mind having the option, dirty bull is really the only useless ultra imo. The point is that just because a lot of characters have a prefered or better ultra, doesn't mean that they won't use the other one if given the chance.
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      0 points
    True. I guess it'll just take getting used to. Fei/Cammy U2's only counter normals right? No specials or anything like that?
    FlatLine
      0 points
    God i hope that's just a rumor......
  6. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
      0 points
    They counter any non armor breaker, so some specials (and dan's ultra 1) are counter-able.
    OG Fresh, Sultan of Shoryu
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      1 point
    In theory some characters become silly. Honda / rog / guy become un-safe jumpable. Gief and hawk have hater mix ups. A bunch of characters are anti-fireball in an already fireball weak game. I dont think i approve even though guy will benefit quite a bit.
  8. Member
      0 points
    I would rather them buff which ever ultra is weaker for the character than have them both at the same time. I always thought it was cool to have a choice of ultra depending on the match up.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      0 points
    Uh no for sure cammy and fei would love this. The only reason either will use u1 is because they can combo into it. Having u2 is REALLY nice for them.

Balrog change does help a little 72b. It gives us a 1 frame punisher which is nice. Not as good as say blanka who gets u1 and u2.

My major concern is overnerfing the top tier. While i'm happy that characters like balrog and blanka will either get buffed or remain the same, i don't like the fact that characters might get overnerfed. Just bring up the low guys for the most part.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      0 points
    I really hope they don't. If they're serious about trying to make everyone viable I'm sure they can do a good job. But if they do something stupid like give Dan a command grab over buffing his mid range game I'm going to auto defenestrate on release day.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013
      0 points
    Defenestration is awesome. <3
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013
      0 points
    I'm pumped for the update after seeing how excited other people are getting. I've played this game almost exclusively since release and I'm ready for another patch.

I think both ultras would be an interesting concept. It would change the rhythm of the game quite a bit I think. Some people still have useless U2s (honda) but I think it would be a fun dynamic.

I'm ok with whatever changes they do to Akuma. I've seen the rumors and if they are true, it's not that bad. Either way with all the changes it will be fun to try out some of the cast again.

I'm ready to progress as a player and I'm excited other people want to play this game again.
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      -3 points
    Gnarr:
    I think both ultras would be an interesting concept. It would change the rhythm of the game quite a bit I think. Some people still have useless U2s (honda) but I think it would be a fun dynamic.

What? lmao seriously?
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    WUT U TRYING TO SAY. I LIKE BOTH ULTRAS. STFU GUY YOU ARE HAPPY.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
      1 point
    Yes im serious
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013
      0 points
    The already unapproachable honda will then have an additional huge damage answer for safe jump attempts. Sounds awesome lmao
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    Both ultras sounds fun in theory but in practice it will be bullshit.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    No one cares about Honda. Oh yeah guy players lol!
    • CommentAuthorHalfro
      0 points
    What about the weak fireball game getting weaker? Most of the cast has anti fireball solutions already, you want to see that further watered down?

Gen/adon vs shotos will be lol both options viable to contain fireballs and a combo damage option.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013 edited
      1 point
    Can you give me examples of characters who gain major benefits from this besides say adon?

I don't even think it's something to care about too much. I find a lot of things more annoying and should be addressed. This is like #25 on a list of things that could potentially be a problem.

this is like me focusing solely that adon is - on ground jag kick on hit when asked what to change in usf4.