Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013
      3 points
    Sequel to one of the best games ever made?

yes, please.

LttP 2
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      3 points
    Dang, I guess I need a 3DS now.
  3. Member
    • CommentAuthorninzaburo
      0 points
    Between this and Shin Megami Tensei 4.... Fuck you nintendo. I'll buy your stupid fucking handheld.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      1 point
    ninzaburo:
    Between this and Shin Megami Tensei 4.... Fuck you nintendo. I'll buy your stupid AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING fucking handheld.

Fixed.
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      -1 points
    Hey, let's just admit that the 3DS bodied the shit (again) outta the Vita.

And this is coming from a Sony handheld hopeful that only owns PSP/Vita stuff. :P
  6. Member
      0 points
    Vita will get there, I don't think it's going to die a shitty death, and least Sony knows how to handle fucking online. Buy this PS1 game, and play it on EVERYTHING.

Buy this SNES game, Buy this SNES game, Buy this SNES game, ok now wait for the next system we have where you have to Buy this SNES game. Jerks.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013 edited
      1 point
    They're both awesome. I play my Vita more than my 3DS.

Who gives a fuck. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!
    Tiger Driver '84
      1 point
    Only reason I want a Vita is to play P4G.

In any case, 3DSXL best system world.
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      0 points
    Miracleknight:
    Vita will get there, I don't think it's going to die a shitty death, and least Sony knows how to handle fucking online. Buy this PS1 game, and play it on EVERYTHING.

Buy this SNES game, Buy this SNES game, Buy this SNES game, ok now wait for the next system we have where you have to Buy this SNES game. Jerks.

Except when PS4 comes out and you have to rebuy everything. XD
  10. Member
      0 points
    I'll be surprised if that's the case to be honest, because they already use a different emulator between PSP, PS Vita, and PS3.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Sir Pants:
    Miracleknight:

PS4 isn't backwards compatible, but even if it were, the Vita shows that wouldn't be the case. :P
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    What other RPGs are there for DS that are freshing? I want to try Fire Emblem: Awakening bad.
    • CommentAuthorSir Pants
      -1 points
    skilletor:
    Sir Pants:
    Miracleknight:

PS4 isn't backwards compatible, but even if it were, the Vita shows that wouldn't be the case. :P

Ah. I thought that Sony set it up so that anything you bought on PSN wouldn't transfer to PS4 at all. I can understand PS3 games, but PS1 or PS2 classics not transferring is pretty gay.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    Sir Pants:
    Ah. I thought that Sony set it up so that anything you bought on PSN wouldn't transfer to PS4 at all. I can understand PS3 games, but PS1 or PS2 classics not transferring is pretty gay.

Where did you even read this?
    How can they set something up when it doesn't even exist yet?
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      6 points
    Yeah, because it's not backwards compatible.

Fuck you guys talking about stupid shit in this thread.

MOTHER FUCKING ZELDA A LINK TO THE PAST 2!!!!
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013 edited
      0 points
    The preview they showed doesn't look bad, but... man, Link's Awakening was created in an environment that just doesn't exist at Nintendo anymore, and the idea of making a sequel 20 years later to a game that ended on a hard stop just seems silly. I mean make another new Zelda on the 3DS, cool, that's fine. But what the heck is this game going to have to do with the original?

It's like yeah okay you can have your favorite band get back together two decades later minus everyone but the drummer. But are you going to get hype for that?

If it's at least as trippy as the original, then yeah, I'm on board. As of right now, though, it looks like the rest of the recent Zelda games, which is to say: I'm just going to play Dark Souls.

EDIT: Bennett Foddy put it pretty well
    I think that Nintendo EAD *is* directly comparable to a washed up rock group putting out greatest hits records. Miyamoto is John, Aonuma is Paul, Tezuka is George, Kondo is Ringo. Iwata is Brian Epstein. Not sure who their Pete Best is.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    Also didn't Link's Awakening end with the entire world ceasing to exist? That's kind of what I'm asking, here. How is this going to be a sequel to that game? Just name it after whatever doohickey allows Link to merge into the walls, following the grand tradition established with games like Ocarina of Time, or Wind Waker, or Minish Cap, or
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      -1 points
    While I agree 90%, I think they'll be trying to do that throwback style, i.e. Sonic in recent times. I think it will still be a good game at least, if not great, but it won't sate that thirst for another LttP. I think it has an opportunity to be the Mario Galaxy of the series; be different, but better.

Also, just really really weird branding on the game. There was a storyline that needed further explaining? Shit, I'm still confused by like every other Zelda ever then.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      1 point
    The only story that matters in Zelda:

Yo link go get these 3 things.

Okay!

Dope!

Now something happens in the world and you need to go get these 7 things!

Ah man, that sucks! But okay!

Great!

Now beat this last boss!

Okay!

TRIFORCE!

PRINCESS!

Game over!