Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
      0 points
    Sweet. I'll be there closer to 8 or 9.
  2. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014
      0 points
    im about to head that way.
  3. Member
      0 points
    Yooo, good street fighter games last night. I started getting tired half-way through and felt my quality of play go downa bit but it was still a lot of fun. I'll be there next week
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorGnarr
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014
      0 points
    ggs last night dudes. It was fun getting some games in. I hadn't played in a while.
  5. Member
      0 points
    GGs! That was a nice rotation we had going. Hopefully we can get more SF nights going as we get closer to the Ultra drop date.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014
      0 points
    Safe House on for tomorrow BB crew?
  7. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2014
      0 points
    I will be at safehouse friday illness pending.
  8. Member
      0 points
    Decided to cover a shift for someone tonight :[ I'll be there next Thursday though
  9. Member
      0 points
    Leaving in about an hour
  10. Member
      0 points
    Good games last night, thanks anime guys for playing some AE with me.
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2014
      0 points
    GGs, I definitely need to play some more SF cause I plan on playing Ultra once it comes out. Do you usually only show up to safehouse on Thursdays?
  12. Member
      0 points
    Yeah, been showing up every Thursday for the past few weeks. I'll be there next week too
  13. Member
      0 points
    Last Thursday before Ultra come's out....anyone coming out? Or...anyone coming next week?
    • CommentAuthorapplesauce
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2014
      2 points
    In the spirit of Ultra coming out I have been trying to think of a fun idea to get people coming out to the Safehouse regularly on Thursday nights that would add a spirit of competition to the atmosphere. This could apply to all games that are currently being played as well.

The Safehouse should start a ladder for all the competing games people are playing right now. The way a ladder works is simple and goes like this:

People are ranked 1st through however many people are currently participating (people can be added/dropped at any time), lets say 20 people are playing.

1. Player1
    2. Player2
    19.Player19
    20.Player20

You can challenge any player for his spot, up to 5 spots above your position. If a player is already being challenged, challenging a player or is having a cooldown from a challenge (1 week optional cooldown from challenging/being challenged after playing), you cannot play them.

If you beat the opponent you challenged, you take his spot on the ladder and he falls one below you. If you lose to an opponent you challenged, you both stay where you are.

It's a pretty simple concept and I know it would be cool to see a static ranking system constantly on the wall of who is playing what games at the time. People would leave their contact information when they sign up so there would be no problems getting a hold of anyone for challenges. All ladder games would have to be played at the Safehouse so everyone can see and enjoy the games and it gets people out and playing together.

Community leaders would need to step up to help decide what the best format for playing would be. I see 3/5 or FT5 for USF4 when it comes out, but I don't know what the best dueling format for games like KOF and Marvel would be. Something that is not too short but doesn't drag on for too long.
    • CommentAuthorapplesauce
      0 points
    Would definitely need a BBCP ladder too for the crazy anime fighter guys
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    wish i could be more proactive about stuff like that...its been done in CO before many times..people never continue to keep stuff like that going..online ladders local skill level groups..its all been done before haha.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2014 edited
      0 points
    I dig that idea for Safe House. Seems SF players have been showing up a bit even before Ultra. BB has had a steady flow for awhile now. KoF I think is mostly at Luis' now but they may even want to do something like this.

I think with the smaller numbers we have, I would say challenging should be limited to one spot above you, maybe 2? Maybe have a tournament to decide initial rankings. Anyone who could not attend that tournament would start at the bottom of the ladder by default.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      1 point
    I tried online ladder. didn't work out well.

I even recorded the final games and put them on youtube. Eventually it fizzled.
  19. Member
      1 point
    Lol how many people go to this place regularly?
  20. Member
      0 points
    Currently, everything but BB is dead.

BB gets around 10-15 each week.

Edit:

I'm down for this idea for both anime and SF. Gonna try and put more time into SF once Ultra drops.