Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013
      3 points
    SecretHightTier:
    The only way you can get better is to play as much as you can, and tournaments do not create this kind of environment. Do you really think someone who goes 0-2 at every tourney is learning anything? Even if they want to learn? The only way you can get the kind of knowledge and understanding you are talking about is to play a lot against a lot of different people and the best way to do that is at these more casual gatherings like Safehouse. There are always going to be people who want to get better that take advice to heart and people that don't, but that's life.

Gonna play Devil's Advocate here and say MiracleKnight went 0-2 at his first tournament. Super salty, I thought he was going to quit the game as a whole. Since then he's gotten Top 8, Top 3, and won at other tournaments, regardless of circumstance of who's playing. The 0-2 is a wake up call at a tournament, ranbats/casuals are part of the answer, but only if you play like it is.

Too often I've seen people claim that money needs to be on the line to make sure everyone plays seriously. I still think this is silly; matches should be played like you're out to learn something if you expect casuals/ranbats to be the answer. Yet, I understand this is a method to push some people to stay committed; some people need to spend money on a trainer before they frequent a gym.

I just want to do what works for the community, plain and simple. Instead of referring to what doesn't work, we can refer to what does? Safe House is a wonderful place of people who want to support us just as much. We should not look a gift horse in the mouth and see what we can come up with.

Also, I like that Happy Medicine quote.
      1 point
    AuraWind:
    Recon:
    I do understand that some people just want to play games and not necessarily get better...and thats well....sad.

lol? I think that's what was the biggest issue when things went hardcore at the BK Ranbats. People still want to have fun, playing games for fun is a thing you know
    a thing thats a waste of time.
    if you want to play fallout or the sims for fun sure but fighters no
    Excellence of Mexicution
    • CommentAuthorSlickvic
      5 points
    We've seen both sides of this over the years. The hardcore players want tourneys and the casual players want to just have a place to play. Both sides are right.

My advice to you guys is to try and have setups for both. If that's not possible (using all the setups to make sure the tourney doesnt take all day) then break them out into two differnt events. Have gatherings for leveling up. Then gatherings for tourney play.

IMO this community has turned into more of a casual environment. More people like to play for fun as to going all out and trying to win a tourney.
  4. Member
      0 points
    I really don't see a ranbat being an issue unless we run one for every game at the same time.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    Here's a novel idea. if you want to play casuals bring a set up.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      5 points
    AuraWind:
    Okay, zero fun, gotcha.

You hear that guys, no fun allowed in EFL!

BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited
      0 points
    Alcatras09:
    Double post chavelo how come you don't have any input on this?

Because it'll be a waste of time trying to make plans here. Most of the time things just go.... POOF and vanish in the air. I just rather deal with people that actually show up or do stuff and have a conversation with them and how I can help, if possible.

I know MiracleKnight will get something going and I will support the heck out of it in any way I can. Same goes to you and the KOF guys, the FoCo crew, the Springs crew, and basically anyone who wants to get together to do shit in Colorado.
  8. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
      1 point
    I should make it tomorrow and would like to stream tekken using the aver media. I'll bring my own laptop to stream it as well but I was wondering if that will be okay with the safehouse guys since I'll need to use their wifi. Evo is one month away!
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      1 point
    AZN#1:
    I should make it tomorrow and would like to stream tekken using the aver media. I'll bring my own laptop to stream it as well but I was wondering if that will be okay with the safehouse guys since I'll need to use their wifi. Evo is one month away!

lol no, you aren't gonna use the WiFi, Saeng.

I'll just run an ethernet cable to where you're gonna set up your laptop or something. Fuck wireless streaming.
  10. Member
      0 points
    We should have a good chunk of persona players today, do you guys want to do a ranbat? I'll set it up if Miracle Knight can't make it.
  11. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
      0 points
    well, seems like smiley won't be there and isaak not responding back about going tonight. The only other players that i can think of that even plays tekken are Big D and Oilyeye but they're going to Springs today. Since I'm not big on marvel anymore I wonder if it's worth it for me to even drive down there...
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorYiinJa
      0 points
    Yo anyone live in the broomfield / westminister area? I wanna hit up Safehouse tonight but i wouldnt have a ride home. I can get there not back, anyone willing to help? ^_^
  13. Asian #2
    • CommentAuthorAZN#1
      0 points
    I'm leaving now...you better be there smiley! all that talk about wanting to get ready for evo...
  14. Member
      0 points
    I'm not gonna make it tonight. I've got a nasty little cold, and as much as I despise all of you I don't want to be patient 0.
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    We're live with some Tekken at the moment. After that, we'll have a Persona 4 ranbat. #FUCKMARVEL

http://www.twitch.tv/eflsafehouse
    I heart boobs
    • CommentAuthorAuraWind
      0 points
    YiinJa:
    Yo anyone live in the broomfield / westminister area? I wanna hit up Safehouse tonight but i wouldnt have a ride home. I can get there not back, anyone willing to help? ^_^

Damn, wish I saw this earlier, I live in Northern Westminster (technically Broomfield). I'm thinking of going next week to sharpen Gnarr up for Evo. If you still need help getting there let me know.
  17. Member
    • CommentAuthorIsaak
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013
      1 point
    Man it was so much fun today. GGS to Saeng and Hellfire in ttt2.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      0 points
    Moses:
    HellFire:
    When I was listening to Big D on a podcast yesterday, he repeated a very interesting quote about Colorado that Happy Medicine had said.

"Colorado's biggest problem is that we are GOOD. The thing is, Colorado is content at being good when Colorado could be GREAT."

Wait what when did he do a podcast? He didn't link it on twitter :(
  19. Member
      0 points
    Sorry I had to leave so early, glad to play against you Jamaal and Suna offline again though.

Edit: Shoutouts to Shabrys for making it out tonight as well.
    • CommentAuthord jones
      0 points
    That was great, really glad these are a thing! Sounds like my friend had the most fun learning some persona from ryuudo, he might pick it up now. Lol I kinda feel bad we kicked those guys off their set up though, I guess I just gotta show up earlier.