Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
      0 points
    Hey this is Ruben, from Colorado springs. I lost my soul head phones at the safe house, im hoping someone took it by accident. If anyone finds them plz hit me up at forashortime@gmail.com
      0 points
    deformed_fetuss:
    20 on gnarr
    then i got 20 on mr bitches
    • CommentAuthorzak123
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2013
      1 point
    KS Shogun:
    I'll bring a extra injustice setup, just in case yall don't have batgirl or lobo.

Didn't know you were in Colorado! Found your stuff on TYM about harley and took some stuff, hope to see you on thursday so we can get some mirrors in!
    • CommentAuthord jones
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2013
      1 point
    If these things are pretty open to outsiders I think I might try to go this week and bring a friend.
  5. Member
      1 point
    It is 100% open to outsiders. Go there, bring your friend, be as social as you feel comfortable being.

Just watch out for like, Big D. Until you've been around him much he can be pretty confusing.

Also friendliest Latino's you'll ever meet. Ask any of them for help, especially the one who looks like his cheeks puffed up from always smiling all the time.
  6. Member
      -1 points
    Also for me, Parents are in town so I may not show up at all, but if I do I'll probably be later, like around 10 or so.
    • CommentAuthord jones
      1 point
    lol I actually saw big d at the dcc this weekend, he seemed cool. That's actually why I wanna go this week, the event was really fun. I'm pretty bad at marvel and AE though so I hope to learn some things. Although what would I need to run a setup? I'd like to run skullgirls or 3s if that's cool, since me and my friend are better at those.
  8. Member
      1 point
    oh shit we gonna have some Skullgirls players at safehouse?! Bring your xbox/ps3 with Skullgirls and a monitor if you can. I'll bring my 360 with Skullgirls if you can't bring yours.
    • CommentAuthord jones
      -1 points
    I can bring a PS but I don't have a real monitor I could use. I can bring my LED TV though, if that's not committing some kinda fighting game sin. It's pretty fast though, and it's 26" too so not too big.
    Unless someone wouldn't mind bringing an extra!
  10. Member
      1 point
    If it's lagless than bring it, otherwise don't worry about it. We can still set it up even if you don't have a monitor.
    • CommentAuthord jones
      0 points
    Yeah, I'm sure it's not lagless. I'll still bring my PS though, can't wait!
      0 points
    are you guys ever gonna come down to springs?
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013
      0 points
    i thought people said something about heading down this week? i won't be with them but i thought it was mentioned. Justin update the springs thread so we know when F&H is going down.
  14. Member
      0 points
    So something I'd really like to start doing with Ranbats is charging a fee, and then doing say a season before each tournament or the tournament after. Instead of free Ranbats like I ran last week.

The purpose be to do short seasons to help pay for someone to make a trip out to a major. So like, between EVO and I think NEC? (Since Da Beech is pretty damn close to EVO) we do a season, and the winner gets the collective money to pay for their trip or at least to help send them to these events. Something to make people hungrier and give people who might not be able to afford to travel, but still put in the time to make it out to events.

I don't know if this seems too ridiculous or what, but if anyone has an idea of how that could be effectively done I think it looks good on us to, being able to say that we as a community, send our players to major events.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      0 points
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha........

.................................................bhahaahahahahahahahahahah

Careful knight.
    • CommentAuthorD-bus
      1 point
    I'm sure it's a little more complicated than that, but it seems like a good idea on paper.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013 edited
      4 points
    ok my response wasn't the most helpful let me explain a little.

Ben and myself have already done this with strike first. So I kinda know how this would go. First you have to decide how much you're going to charge for an eventual bonus(we did 5 bucks per game). Initially everyone is going to be hype and will show their support yadda yadda. Our system was points based so once people felt they were out of contention they stopped showing up. We ran our ranbats in seasons 2 seasons total same person cannot win both seasons. In the event that 1 person wins both seasons it goes to the runner up they play a first to ten for the prize(ours was a trip to evo). We ran these sessions bi weekly and needed ever bit of the time to make it work out financially. Luckily we had a ton of support and a free venue. You are going to get a ton of support from the hardcore competitors, but those who are just casual, are players that you better not depend on because if you're building around that you will be placing yourself in a terrible position.

Everyone loves tournaments all the time until they actually happen. I'm not going into the history with that. I'm just saying tread carefully my friend and definitely do not promise more than you can deliver.
  18. Member
      0 points
    I'm gonna fully flesh out my idea first, see if I can have a perspective that might be useful here or not first.
      0 points
    Miracleknight:
    I'm gonna fully flesh out my idea first, see if I can have a perspective that might be useful here or not first.

I'm glad someone wants Jamaal to come to NEC almost as much as I do
  20. Member
      0 points
    So here's my thoughts on this. Not everyone wants to play in a tournament, especially newer players. Tournaments tend to favor top players. If you look at how our tournaments are typically run, there isn't a whole lot of time for people to get casuals in, meaning the players who do well in the tournament are going to be doing most of the playing. Completely understandable, but not good for people who are likely to go 0-2 or 1-2. Events where people can just play against good competition are going to be more fun for less serious and newer players and definitely better for them leveling up as players.

I would be up for doing this as long as it doesn't interfere with people's ability to play casuals and I don't think it will. I come to safehouse because I can get a lot of matches in against good players and that is the best way to get better at a game. I am all for rewarding top players, just not at the expense of others.

tl;dr Ranbats are fun. Just don't turn every station into a tourney station.