Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
      0 points
    Joey just come over and bring SSFIV AE
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    lol I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything and fully plan on showing up thursday WITH AE! and persona and kof just in case there are copies that are needed. So we can't bring ANYTHING? I'm not jazzed about paying a fee and then having to buy water on top of that lol I could care less about food
      0 points
    joeyorion:
    lol I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything and fully plan on showing up thursday WITH AE! and persona and kof just in case there are copies that are needed. So we can't bring ANYTHING? I'm not jazzed about paying a fee and then having to buy water on top of that lol I could care less about food

Joey you can bring water I dont even think they have bottles of water. They mainly mean beer and just recently added energy drinks for those that dont drink and as far as paying 5 bucks well When I was a kid and used to go to the arcades they were NEVER NEVER FREE. I know we can play @ home and online now but in my opinion is not the same, I like playing like in person.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    I will bring my water bottle. I don't drink anything other than sugar free mixes in my water. I don't drink alcohol so we're good :)
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012
      0 points
    It's practically the same as going to BK's gatherings and paying a venue fee.

Why the big deal about the $5?!? I don't get to play anyone online so I am glad to have a place to meet up and game.

And Joey I'd be glad to play you in AE, time to dust off good ol' Sagat. ;)
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    Everyone else made it a big deal lol I was making a joke. I don't care about $5. I'll pay it and play games and be happy. I think it's cool that the place is blocks from my home. I would've gone last week but when I went to pick up this girl to bring her, I ended up just staying at her place. As for Jamaal's question... the answer is yes to both of those. Details need to be worked out but I've been working on it for a while. I'll tell you guys about it in person tomorrow--not a replacement for this Safe House or ANYTHING like that, merely another place to play--even if just once or once in a while. The best part about it is... we can be as noisy as we want and there'd be no one to complain about us unless we were super giant blasting music partying, which we wouldn't be anyway :)

I digress. I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW WITH SOME GAMES!!!! LOL And I have no problems paying $5 haha looking forward to hanging with the KOF crew for the first time officially. Excited that this place is super close to my house too! On the KOF front, still trying to pick 2 supporting characters... it's a bitch!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    Gonna try and be there around 8. Are they able to break a 20 or should I try and break it before then?
    • CommentAuthorHellFire
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012 edited
      0 points
    GGs to everyone that I played against in Persona. Learned a lot tonight, definitely need to learn to tech throws better lol. Special shoutout to Krsjin because his Akihiko is doin work! To all those who don't already have my gamertag on Xbox it's HellFire00. Feel free to add me for some matches in Persona.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
      0 points
    Really glad I was able to make it. Cool place to play games. Was great to play KoF again even if it was for a short stint. And man, I really am having fun with Persona. Defense is hard but a huge part of the fun for me in that game. Thanks HellFire for the long session, I learned a ton!
      0 points
    I had a pretty good time last night, just feel bad about only playing 3 matches of KoF total haha -- definitely need to put in more time with that game and not let Persona distract me completely. I liked the venue a lot more than I was expecting (looks pretty shady from the outside lol), and hell maybe I'll have to come by on a Friday sometime for some Starcraft 2.
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
      0 points
    Good games last night, it seems like we lost some kof players but we also gain a few. We should try on doing like a tournament next Thursday we have enough people for it we can all people both games persona,kof and maybe AE just for Joey.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012
      0 points
    lol no need to do AE just for me. I had fun playing with you guys. I like your Sagat, Pedro. I kept falling for that tiger upper fadc U1. lol And Edgar and his secret Blanka skills. I hate that I liked playing persona so much. Even though I only won like 2 games all night in Persona. I also hate the fact that I played better with Dan than I did with Fei Long :/ Be there next Thursday. Yeah I saw there were some ppl playing KoF that I hadn't met before. I would love to get KoF in next week. I need some guidance. I'm gonna take your advice, Edgar and play with Shen and Kim with Clark. I'll see if that works for me. Cool place and soooo close to my house lol Fun times all around
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Alcatras09:
    it seems like we lost some kof players but we also gain a few.

Don't blame them for wanting to play an easier game Edgar. :O

Had a good time at the gathering. My goal is to practice hard at these sessions to get ready for the NM tournament and to help the new guys get better. A tournament sounds like a good idea for the next gathering.
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Pedro:
    Don't blame them for wanting to play an easier game Edgar. :O

Haven't even seen you jump on to try it out, man. XD

Maybe not too soon, but a tournament before the week of the NM tourney sounds great.
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2012
      0 points
    Chavelo:
    Maybe not too soon, but a tournament before the week of the NM tourney sounds great.

We can call it tournament just so people can be watching others and we can do brackets and a week or couple weeks before NM we can do more of a serious tournament on a Saturday you know like starting casuals @ 11 and tourney @1
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2012
      0 points
    Chavelo, I tried it out at the first gathering there... I've been playing games long enough to know that if a new game is not very appealing to me I won't be playing it for long. SCV and BlazBlue are a good examples. Dropped those a month in.

The game is nice to look at though.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
      0 points
    So who's all going tomorrow? I'll be there around 7pm.
      0 points
    I'll be there again with my setup, probably sometime around 7:30. And I'll actually play KoF this time.
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
      0 points
    I will be there and I know that daniel and luis will be there are well
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012
      0 points
    I'll be there around 7 too. May not be able to stay too long though.