Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012
      2 points
    I don't think KOF works like that Big D
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012
      0 points
    twitch.tv/eflsafehouse
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
      0 points
    I like how BnB is a necessary part of Marvel, but not KoF.
    Mash D
    • CommentAuthorBig D
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2012
      1 point
    me too
  5. Member
      0 points
    did PS Allstars end up going down? I'm curious to hear some opinions
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2012
      0 points
    It looked pretty fun to me. Didn't get a chance to play it Jamaal wouldn't get off it. ;)
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2012
      0 points
    Don't listen to Pedro. He was too busy watching his KoF winstreak go up all night to know what was going on in his surroundings. ;)

It was pretty fun for what I played. There's a lot of, what feels like, Day One obvious problems. It feels like they tried to take a lot of different factors from different games and cram it into one, instead of being a legitimately new idea in any sort of caliber. Some work, some don't; the results are a mishmash of awesome and ridiculous to lame and useless.

Some characters seem completely valid in certain situations/game modes versus others. It seems like there was no supreme idea of balancing out things on a particular scale, namely something as important as the Finishers. Move sets vary greatly, as in they steal particular moves from other characters in other games to the T i.e. Zero's lightning, Peach's Side+B buttslam, Dante's Prop Shredder. There's no DI (Directional Influence) in this game, where it could REALLY use it.

A tournament ruleset needs to be prepared before this game goes anywhere and people know what to start really practicing. If I got to sit down with the game on my own and really learn some things, I'd probably actually enjoy it over a longer period of time. It was a fun party game to play for an evening and if I had a PS3, I would get it to learn more about it. The system intrigues me enough to want to play into it more.
  8. Member
      0 points
    It's certainly alot more fun playing it in an offline environment than it was playing online. 1v1 seems more viable and fun than I thought it would be, you are close enough to the opponent that you can usually counter what they are doing. 2v2 is still crazy, I don't how well that will work competitively with the current options the game allow. Biggest problem for me in 2v2 is the camera zooms out too far that it makes it difficult to properly space things like throws.

I agree with Ryyudo that there are a lot of obvious problems and character imbalances, some characters can combo into their level one supers, some can't. I feel like this will really hurt most characters viability in 1v1, since the ones that combo into their supers will be able to score kills faster and more consistently than others. I feel that unless combos into super are found for all characters, this game is going to eventually go the route of MvC2, with only a few characters usable at high levels.

Kratos and Sackboy are the most brain dead characters I have ever seen in a fighting game, with extremely effective low risk/high reward options, not to mention you really only press one button while playing Kratos. Good news is that sackboy is being nerfed already, but the fact that they even made him the way he is gives me concerns that the devs don't really know what they are doing. It's like if Cammy had 1800 health.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012
      0 points
    Is this on for this week? Will KoF and Tekken be there?
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    We'll be there on Thursday. Yes on the KOF but we don't have a Tekken PS3 setup at the moment. If someone can help out with that, then you should be good to go.
    • CommentAuthoroilyeye
      0 points
    TBD if I can make it this week, but if I can I'll bring my PS3 set-up with Tekken.
    • CommentAuthorspineshark
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Hey, Chavelo/Edgar, can one of you guys ask Sam if there's still a blue-green water bottle over there? I left it last week and repeatedly forgot after complaining to Jamaal on Friday morning. I don't really have time for Safe House this week but maybe I'll show up for a bit if I can grab that and especially if KrsJin is going to be there.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    KoF players meet up on Tuesdays at Luis's pad too. We'll be streaming tonight.

Spineshark: if you end up coming Thursday bring me my madcatz bag. Please.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012 edited
      0 points
    I'll be stopping by this thursday for a bit. playing UMVC3,PSstars and Tekken. also SF4 if anyone wants to play.
  15. Member
      0 points
    I'm back after my hiatus from fight mans so I'll be there Thursday I believe unless something comes up. Back into P4U.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    Pedro:
    KoF players meet up on Tuesdays at Luis's pad too. We'll be streaming tonight.

I won't be there tonight but would like to start hitting up Tuesdays for sure. Even if I alternate weeks.
    Excellence of Mexicution
    • CommentAuthorSlickvic
      0 points
    Me and Smilez will come by this Thursday
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    Cool beans. As long as someone can bring a Tekken setup (unless you're cool with the 360 version), then we'll prolly put that on stream. Even if you can bring the PS3 copy of the game, we have a spare PS3 to put that on and update it pretty fast since we have a really good connection (Comcast Business-Tier AWWWYEAH.jpg)
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    I will not make Safe House this Thursday, the Thursday after, and possibly the 27th. The 21st, we'll see; it's iffy even now.
      0 points
    Pedro:Spineshark: if you end up coming Thursday bring me my madcatz bag. Please.

Okay yeah, I'll definitely come and bring it. Thanks a bunch for that, it was really good. I'll buy one myself before the next time I go out of state, I just realized too late this time and couldn't have bought one in time.