Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012
      1 point
    May not make Safe House this Thursday due to celebrating pop's birthday. We'll see what happens.

If not, and that guy shows up, make me proud Chavelo. Take my $10 before you head over there if Nadia still got money on her boy.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012
      0 points
    I'll be there tomorrow with my new and improved tech. ;)
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012
      0 points
    I'll be there 6pm
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2012
      0 points
    Selling my Hori stick because the safehouse group seems to be low on sticks? I can deliver tonight if anyone can throw 60 my way. Dont wanna get rid of it but video games are secondary to medical bills and food. Text me.

Threeoh3 70nine fortyonesixty4
  5. Member
      0 points
    Sorry to hear you need food before fight mans :(

Also had a party last night so couldn't make it.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012
      0 points
    It's not that we need more sticks its just that many of them are not dual modded.

Anyways, had fun last night, props to Edgar and Daniel for spending all night modding Edgar's stick and still failing. You guys showed determination. ;)

Good matches like always. I feel like its getting harder and harder to get people to come out and play. :/
  7. Member
      0 points
    Anything special we can do to prep for the iron fist tourny? Probably bring my laptop and take some notes on everything.

Some Persona, some Guilty Gear, probably too late to learn KoF without dedicating a lot of time to it :/
  8. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012
      0 points
    I hope someone brings GG, it isnt out on PSN yet :(.
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    We'll come up with something to get ready for the tournament. We only have three gatherings left until it goes down, so maybe we'll rotate a game (KOF, Persona and Marvel/TTT2) to have at least two setups on a given day with a small tournament or round robin. I''ll update later today or early tomorrow on that.

As for Guilty Gear, I still haven't bought it yet on my system. If someone has it on their setup, please bring it. Otherwise, we'll try to focus on the main games of the tournament that have a tournament scheduled for it (I dunno if Slickvic and Halfro are cool with side tourneys since they have to clear out the venue by 8:00PM, but I'm down to help run any Guilty Gear/SkullGirls/"whatever game that is not that popular" side tournaments that might come up).

Also, there is some plans for the near future on having some type of throwback style tournament at SH. We'll keep you guys updated. For now, what is your favorite KOF game on Xbox Live at the moment: KOF 98 UM or 2002 UM? :D

P.S.(mostly to Jamaal): I got a hold of Nadia's boy. We played some matches online, and I tried to convince him to come one of these nights to Safe House or the Iron Fresh tournament. Turns out he's only "available" for the Cutthroat Holiday bash tournament. lol

He was trash talking for the few sets that we played, but once I told him I'll play him on FT10 for 20/50 bucks offline, dude backed off and changed tunes right away. Now he wants me to hang out with him to "smash some scrubs" on online lobbies every time I'm online. :P
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      1 point
    Chavelo:Also, there is some plans for the near future on having some type of throwback style tournament at SH. We'll keep you guys updated. For now, what is your favorite KOF game on Xbox Live at the moment: KOF 98 UM or 2002 UM? :D

P.S.(mostly to Jamaal): I got a hold of Nadia's boy. We played some matches online, and I tried to convince him to come one of these nights to Safe House or the Iron Fresh tournament. Turns out he's only "available" for the Cutthroat Holiday bash tournament. lol

He was trash talking for the few sets that we played, but once I told him I'll play him on FT10 for 20/50 bucks offline, dude backed off and changed tunes right away. Now he wants me to hang out with him to "smash some scrubs" on online lobbies every time I'm online. :P

KoF 98, only because I have an hour of practice in it now lol.

Hahahaha, well he'll get smashed there too and will hear about EFL all the same. He can't run away! He's in for a world of hurt! /arrows

Sounds like you got a new buddy though! ;D ;D ;D

I doubt anything besides MAYBE Guilty will get a possible side tournament at Iron Fresh. Considering how long Springs took, and we have more entrants.

Miracleknight:
    Anything special we can do to prep for the iron fist tourny? Probably bring my laptop and take some notes on everything.

Some Persona, some Guilty Gear, probably too late to learn KoF without dedicating a lot of time to it :/

Recording matches, if possible somehow possible, would be the strongest way to prepare. That way, we could watch our own matches and see what went right, wrong, and provide answers.

Still, we should be asking questions and providing feedback where necessary anyway. If you, or anyone else, wants to take notes on everyone's patterns, weaknesses, etc., I highly(!!!) suggest it. That will be strong conversation material in leveling up yours, and other's, game.

In fact, something that might be interesting to do. Playing sets with somebody, and after every best 2/3, turn to your opponent and mention one thing you think they're doing well, one thing you think they can do better on.
    • CommentAuthorPedro
      0 points
    I'll be there tomorrow. I think what Jamaal said pretty much sums it up. If you see something that works let em know. And call em out on bad habits.

Old school games id like to see in the tournament:

CVS2
    ANY KOF
    ANY FATAL FURY
    LAST BLADE 2
    BREAKERS REVENGE
    ASURA BLADE 2
    KI2
    SVC CHAOS
    SAM SHO
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    I would like to see:
    KoF 98
    Breakers Revenge
    Karnov's Revenge
    Vampire Savior
    Windjammers
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      1 point
    TVC!!!
      0 points
    I would like
    either kof 95 or kof 98
    Darkstalkers
    World Heros 2
    Fatal Fury 3
    Art of fighting
    Skull Girls
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    Alcatras09:
    Skull Girls

So, you want a game released in 2012... okay, we can... uh... figure it out as we go...
      0 points
    Anime games become old pretty quick aka no one plays them anymore
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2012 edited
      -1 points
    Breakers Revenge
    Jackie Chan
    Vampire Savior!!!!!!!!

wait I'm not even going to be there lol
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorFemoral
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2012
      0 points
    TvC
    GGX
    Shaq Fu
    Garou MOW
    TNMT Fighter.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    Oops, remembered I have something to do tonight.

I may be late or a no show again. Leaning late, but we'll see.
    BIG GAMBLES
    • CommentAuthorChavelo
      0 points
    Safe House Facebook Post:
    We got another Safe House: Fighting Game edition coming up tonight at 7:00PM. We are training for what might be the biggest fighting game tournament in Colorado's History: The Iron Fresh Tournament hosted by EFL (extrafresh.net). From tonight until the 15th, we will showcase one of the following games: King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. We will have at least two setups for the showcase game with either a small tournament or round robin to go along with it. Please come down to join the fight or just check out some of the local competition that Colorado has to offer!

Come down and show support for the game you want to be in the spotlight tonight! Of course, you can always bring your GG/AE setup and run some sets. Remember to bring your own controller or you shall face the wrath of the "waiting for a setup for about an hour" god.