Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Soul Calibur V Thread!!!
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012
      0 points
    I must see this new and improved Dragon.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2012
      2 points
    Ive been talking with my friends and a few others. I was thinking about hosting some gathering/tourny for souldcalibur in the enar future. Im thinking of doing just a simple 5 dollar entry fee and skittping on the venue fee intially (we decided to eat the cost for the first one :) ). Im going to have free food as well (gasp).

Issues Im facing atm - the apartment clubhouse that we are going to be using is being renevated and will finally be done sometime soon. After that happens Ill set a date etc.

A few other ideas I had
    - one tourny at a time making this tournament in total 2-3 hours in all
    - doing this on a sunday so that it doesnt ever overlap with anything else
    - If im running the tourny I prolly wont enter to ensure it runs smooth

This what Ive got so far. Thinking of calling this the Practice series or something lol.

Ill give everyone an update when I have more.
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012
      0 points
    Life right now isn't going to so good, but I am going to practice as much as a I can. My cousin is diagnosed with cancer and my aunt just passed away on Sunday. I am just glad that school is wrapping up.
  4. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012
      0 points
    Egg:
    Ive been talking with my friends and a few others. I was thinking about hosting some gathering/tourny for souldcalibur in the enar future. Im thinking of doing just a simple 5 dollar entry fee and skittping on the venue fee intially (we decided to eat the cost for the first one :) ). Im going to have free food as well (gasp).

Issues Im facing atm - the apartment clubhouse that we are going to be using is being renevated and will finally be done sometime soon. After that happens Ill set a date etc.

A few other ideas I had
    - one tourny at a time making this tournament in total 2-3 hours in all
    - doing this on a sunday so that it doesnt ever overlap with anything else
    - If im running the tourny I prolly wont enter to ensure it runs smooth

This what Ive got so far. Thinking of calling this the Practice series or something lol.

Ill give everyone an update when I have more.
    If people will show up im down.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited
      0 points
    $5000 ladder tourney, Free entry. Registration closes tomorow.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/may-2-2012-soul-calibur-5-online-tournament-psn.13191/
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012
      0 points
    Darnit, why can't that be for the 360.
    • CommentAuthorEl Guapo
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012 edited
      2 points
    Is this a team tourny? Either way I've registered, guess I'm a one man team.

Ladder
    Online Tournament Ladder - Presented By PlayStation ®

Team Name
    Wild Wolf

• CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012 edited
      0 points
    Ok so sign up is throught the month of may. it all closes at the end then top 32 is selected. Ive been playing around with it today and its actually pretty cool. Both players have to report standings.

Team Hammer if anyone wants to play btw.
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012
      0 points
    Once I grab a copy for the PS3, I'll play. Team Psychosoldier by the way.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012 edited
      0 points
    If your not involved in this tourney and you can be, then you should, regardless of your skill level. Every match Ive had so far Ive learned something new. This is a really excellent way to get some sc5 tournament exp. Even if you dont place top 32 I guarantee you will walk away with something.

Make sure to work your way up the ladder, dont take on the top people right away because most of them are hella strong. good luck if you enter, and if you get confused by the website Ill help ya out.

edit - also because of the scheduling ssystem in place even the players with limited time can enter this easily. Most players will send you a msg via psn or vice versa and then play, ggs and peace out.
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012
      0 points
    ahhh so it's better to send a message via psn. Guess I'll start challenging some folks! This MLG website sucks.

lol, of course RTD would be at the top.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
      0 points
    I found creating matchs and finding random matchs a good way to go, then when it came time msg via psn etc. You can find these options under either your own page to the right lcik on find match or go to ladder then click 1v1 ladder then click on match finder. The navigation on the site is funky but this is a free tourny.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
      0 points
    Triple points weekend. you 3x the exp per battle you play this weekend. If you beat someone high up on the totem you get more points then you would for beating someone lower. This weekend you get 3x the amount. if you looe you still loose the standard amount.
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited
      1 point
    I decided to write this for anyone who was interested in learning more about soul calibur 5. Heres a little info about frame data in this game.

Soul Calibur is a 3d game that runs at 60 fps Moves are calculated by 1/60's of a second. Namco 3d games can be a little wonky with hit boxes or moves hitting at weird angles. Nevertheless this game is still fun. Like 2D games, this game has frame data and if you want to be good at this game you need to have knowledge of how this works or it will feel like your opponent is one step ahead of you at times. In reality he/she is or isnt, This is dependent on playstyle,, an offensive style will attack at frame adavntage while a defensive style will try to bait at advantage instead. When you get good at both then you will usually know when to do what.

How do you get to this point? Ill explain incase you've missed out.

the first thing about frame data you need to know is how to determine saftey of a move. 2 charecters in the game have moves that equal to i11 while everyone else has i12. The i stands for impact frames. If you look at any frame data list and see under the guard frames and it's -10 ~ -11 then those moves are 100% safe if you hold block. exceptions would be alpha pats Critical edge, that move its i8. Manji punch is fast as well with yoshi but I have no idea how fast it is.

Now that we know whats safe.... lets break down what these other numbers mean.

-11 ~ -12 and more = unsafe

-8 ~ - 10 = safe

-4 ~ -6 = safe, good time to step or plan counter via tech crouch or jump. Back step is risky but can pay off.

-1 ~ -3 = safe, extremely good move, stepping, countering with fast attack, crouch or jump, back step works well here.

0 = safe, this move will allow you to out wit your opponent if you want to mix up, or you can just back off. The thing is, so can your opponent. If your using a faster charecter vs a slow charecter this becomes a frame trap.

+1 ~ +7 = Possible Frame trap

+8 or more = Frame trap

Frame Trap = Anytime that you are at advantage and attack and your opponent does the same, you will win out as long as you hit the oppoenent. Example of missing would be to whiff or using AA or any other high attack and your opponent uses a tech crouch, its very likely the Tech Crouch will win, this depends on when the Tech crouch frames activate.

Armed with this knowledge I want you to go here: http://8wayrun.com/wiki/index/

Pick your charecter on the list. Get a piece of paper and write down every move that is safe then prioritise by frames. This is a list of attacks that you should lead off with to open your oppoenent in conjuntion with mixups which can be unsfe.

The moves that are not safe are still useful however, a good example is Cerventes 3B, unsafe onblock but if your opponent whiffs an attack say aftr you back stepped after using bK which is 0 on block, using 3B right after backstepping will score you a very punnishing blow. A lot of charecters have things like this.

To see how fast a move is, look under the impact column. Obviously the faster the move the more priority it has, also never forget about how much range a move has when it comes to punnishing attacks. One other thing, certain moves will be -12 for example but if you are in the open then the pushback of the attackwill make the move safe.

Just Guard

Just guard esentually negates the pushback/forced crouch and and will reset the just guarder'sframe rate to 0 and also they are rewarded meter. Just Guard is a good way to Avoid frame traps or punnshing strungs/moves that would normally be safe.

If you dont know how to JG, basically just tap and release guard before the move would hit you, if done right you will jg. Option select Just guard btw can be done tapping guard after movies with -4~ -10 if your opponent trys to attack. Think of it as a bufferd jg, if your oppenent delays the attack however.... you will get hit unless you guard quickly.
  15. Member
    • CommentAuthorPistolPete
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2012
      0 points
    This game is still good but Viola is a serious problem. Going to be doing gatherings twice a month at my house in denver (holly and cherry creek) have plenty of room and 3 0 lag crt set ups ready to go. Probably also going to do a 5 dollar buy in ranbat once a month, winner take all.

Also I'm still interested in doing a 25 cent money match night where we get some poker chips everyone buys 5 bucks worth of chips and you have to pay to play (50 cents or 25 cents) until youre out of chips then you can play until your little fingers fall off (we allready got your money, scrub.)
    • CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012
      1 point
    Anti viola tech

Anti viola with Ivy
    • CommentAuthortkid
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2012
      0 points
    I usually just waited for an opening and went complete bull dog on Viola players but this helps (Don't play Ivy but I would just apply it to Leixia.
  18. Member
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      0 points
    Anyone still playing this? The online comp is getting old.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2014
      1 point
    I'm always down for games, but I don't play on 360 anymore.
  20. Member
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014
      0 points
    Cool man I am finally getting a car this week are you still in the springs? I can get down to your pad a few evenings a month I bet.