Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 68

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/protost/public_html/extrafresh/forum/extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 96
extrafreshnet - Soul Calibur V Thread!!!
Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorKanoleon
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011
      0 points
    Crazy-J:
    Soul Calibur 5 is fucking gorgeous. Why can't it be 2012 now?

^This times 9001
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Natsu vs. Z.W.E.I

It seems that Natsu can possession cancel out of a lot of stuff.
    • CommentAuthorP0nG
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011
      0 points
    I'm willing to host some soul calibur all nighters. Recons not aloud though.
      2 points
    ok I finally figured it all out. Ty for the help everyone. :)
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Emerald-Panther:
    I found some great new sc5 vids but I am unsure how you link youtube videos on this forum? I am just not on it enough to know how. :P

Read this.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      3 points
    P0nG:
    I'm willing to host some soul calibur all nighters. Recons not aloud though.

It's allowed. Dummy.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    And, yeah, back to maining a ninja.

AA > PO?

Her tele dodges attacks?

Fuck yes. Thank you Natsu.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Oh wow. New lows with Sieggy?

You seeing this shit, Smilez!!

SO MUCH JOY!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    They aren't in those vids but there's new stance transition options for Maxi, too. Sounds like you can go backwards in stance order more now, that frees up a lot of options.
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      3 points
    I'm diggin on Jamie Lannister
      3 points
    If you need more sc5 action, I was just informed of these vids of people who actually know how to play soul calibur. There is around 28 vids so far, I think about every charcter is covered.

Check out the channel for the rest and Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMLm0pn1QoQ&feature=related
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Oh Maxi, you're so played. Movement looks way more fun and effective.

Maxi Vs. Tira

Maxi Vs. Perseus (New name)

How does the armor system work now? I noticed characters still lose parts of their outfits.
      1 point
    Hmm after watching all these new vids, and talking to someone who was at TGS and played sc5 for a few hours: we have seen some very unique and odd things-

SYSTEM SPECIFICS-

-I have yet to see a ring out yet. Talking to a few people who were at TGS they said the game is based on a fast, frantic in your face mechanic and RO are gonna be way way less. Air control is extreme to help this aswell.

-Throw breaks cause very small damage to those who broke the throw.. this is very odd. Might require some specific frame break to come out with no damage?

-Throw breaking window increased, easier to do but consequences for a late break.

-A complete armor destruction leaves the opponent open to most anything you want to attempt.

-CH damage is massive and can take literally 60% of your bar with a few hits.. makes string charcters very dangerous now as ch seems to guarnatee full strings.

-Step is so fast and can avoid so much. Back to sc2 standards or better.

-Just block looks to negate almost all block stun and frame advantage for your opponent.

Just frame moves are intact and offer all kinds of special properties.

-Backwords walking speed is increased alot from sc4.

-Side and back damage has been buffed alot.

-This game is really gonna benefit the pitbullers as awhole.

-Prodcures mentioned putting your soul into your weapon to power up your attacks, like sc1. May or may not make it into the final game.

-Tons and tons of play testing will be done and pros brought in from all over to make it as balanced as possible. Active patch system will be used to fix bugs, expoits, etc.. Customization system will be incredibly deep and involved. Online will have many special modes.

Producers hint at some very unique possible mini games in store for players.
      1 point
    CHARCTER SPECIFICS-

-Natsu can link to posession after it looks like just about everything. Her new 66G+B throw is really sick. She is way better then taki ever was, she can link possesion strings and mixups indefinitely. Possesion has some frames of invincibility and can go through most anything timed properly. She can use possesion to escape whiffs and punishment. Insane rushdown and some of the best run away and trickery ever seen. By far one by the fan favs.

-Maxi has some new string options and lows in strings. Maxi is a alot better than he was in sc4. Has new moves to cover very large distances so keep away from maxi will be much much harder. Just frame transitons have been spotted to keep amazing pressure on or keep CH strings going.

-Ivy really has improved thanks to the step speed. She hurt soul gauge alot still. CH strings with her are deadlier than ever. Incredibly safe still, SS and CS are about the same but rumor has it ICS can grab any move, throw, etc.. and wins everytime. Some new throw is promised but not revealed yet. She will be top tier for sure is the current thinking as her one weakness is now gone, she has great mobility.

-Patroklos looks to be very well rounded, and is a combo machine. The producer is of sc5 is the one showing the crazy combos to the super move. Has basically no weaknesses right now. He can be played super basic and win or be very advanced and flashy and win. Will be super popular for sure for ease of use and effectiveness.

-Voldo can transition any stance forward or backword now. He hurts soul gauge alot still. Has incredible foot speed. Can run like no ones business. CH strings make him about the most dangerous of right now. Many CH 2-3 hits can take close to 50% or more. Faster transitons between stances helps mixups potential. Has some very odd new moves that specially counter certain things. New stance is promised but not yet revealed.

-Siggy is a beast, and is faster then he has ever been. Tons of new moves, transitions and can power up so many moves for guard breaking properties. Step speed makes him much improved. Rumored a:g:A jf is made easier to do. Unqiue super move as it hits almost full screen. Can cancel so much now to stances. Very much improved and has new life breathed into him sc5 producers said.

-Hilde lost her cheap combos, but has gained a definite speed and damage increase for it. She has an insane keep away game now to. Might have the best step so far. CH damage makes her strings something to fear now. Some total bs was found when someone charged her b for a full extent did a full armor break and hit with the unblockable for an instant death. This may or may not be fixed but makes her charge game very fearful in another way. :P

-Zwei is very cool and unique. He is a mixup machine and will be the most advanced sc charcter to date. He can play keep away with the monster or rush down by himself. Ein the wolf can literally bring opponents back to zwei for more combos and setups. He literally can force a mixup of h,m and l at anytime using ein- the monster or german for one :P
    Another fan favorite with limtless potential.. maybe to much is the concern right now.

-Pyrrha is a better version of cassie and sophie. She hits as hard as sophie, but has cassandra mobility. Many just frame follow up hits. Is just a pitbull and build meter very quickly. Crazy fast step and on the side her chain combos can turn a match in 1 hit. Crouch dash has some very unique properties now, no specifics yet accept auto GI to JF throw hurts ALOT.

-Astaroth is faster, is a beast with the new CH system. Now has chain throws and the step system helps him alot. The new throw break system makes him even deadlier as a grappler. Has some unique ability to power up but specifics are not know yet and what it does... it makes most every GB though.

All in all it grew a huge crowd, is one of the best looking games to date many said. The lack of rings out has made many people give the game a second look who hated it for that reason. Nightmare is basically confirmed from a cut scene in the game. 30 charcters is rumored to be the roster. Guest charcters will be revealed in December an xmas gift to players. ;)

I will update when I find more and talk to those guys again, but everyone who played it has really liked it and the way way less ro mechanic should satisfy those who hated in the game for it. It will for sure be a blockbuster.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011
      0 points
    Kanoleon:
    Crazy-J:
    Soul Calibur 5 is fucking gorgeous. Why can't it be 2012 now?

^This times 9001

yeah srsly. gimme dat VF!!!!!!

good to see EP back and posting :D
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      2 points
    -Natsu can link to posession after it looks like just about everything. Her new 66G+B throw is really sick. She is way better then taki ever was, she can link possesion strings and mixups indefinitely. Possesion has some frames of invincibility and can go through most anything timed properly. She can use possesion to escape whiffs and punishment. Insane rushdown and some of the best run away and trickery ever seen. By far one by the fan favs.

• CommentAuthorEgg
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Hi guys im back. If you guys want to run a regionals Ill get on Jaxel and Idlemind about it. No DFG = a good chance of getting it.

This game is looking fantastic based on what Ive seen. I cant wait to to get my ass beat in the finals by Smiles or CJ again, ah good times.

Pong: Now Im excited lol.
    Rip the Jacker
    • CommentAuthorRecon
      1 point
    Yes this game looks amazing...and sorry chum you won't be making it to any finals anytime soon.

also jaxel can suck a dick.