Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
  1. Member
    • CommentAuthorPanic
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012
      0 points
    PiXeL:
    MY OPINION ON RESIDENT EVIL

I can respect that. It did completely abandon their roots by RE5. I did feel, however, that the survival aspect was still pretty intact in RE4. I felt I did need to conserve ammo and health throughout most of the game. As for the lack of puzzles and a linear path I completely agree. They dumbed it down pretty badly, but the same can be said for most new games. Finding upgrades in the earlier games were way more creative, yes. The merchant was a pretty lazy way to incorporate it in RE4. As for no horror, are you serious? Have you seen this motherfucker?

That guy literally gave me nightmares.

As for the story, I think RE4 was amazing. Set aside the annoying "protect the President's daughter while not giving her 1 of your mass array of weapons" bullshit. I enjoyed RE5's story as well, but it was too action heavy. But who am I kidding, I just love Wesker. Awesome villain.

This is why I'm excited for RE6. The story. It looks really cool. It may be missing a lot of the survival horror of yester...decade, but it looks like they're really going all out for a good story in this one.

Oh yeah, and I love the 3rd person shooter controls. Too bad they brought along all the other stupid shit that comes with good shooters.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Looking for a game to get on my ps3. I was thinking about assassin's creed 1 or 2 ( i haven't played either really). Doesn't have to be ps3 exclusive but i like an idea of that as well.

Something single player and if possible something not too mature (so my son can possibly watch/play). Any ideas?
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Have you and your kiddo played the Uncharted series by chance?

There's the occasional cuss word and shooting is a staple, but if he's ok with say Batman this doesn't seem too far out of the league.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Excellent idea. He didn't liek them before, but he's a few years older now and i think he would be totally down. Thanks for the suggestion.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2012
      0 points
    I update the title. What application do you guys use on your phones for twitter? Been using tweetcaster
    But looking for advice.
    Team Tiger's Milk / Mayor of Fresh
    • CommentAuthorstikfiga
      0 points
    I've only used the official twitter app. Seems to work just fine for me. What's better about the third party ones?
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    No idea ! That's what I'm curious about.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      2 points
    I started using tweetbot this week, official app before that. Pretty good so far. Handles multiple accts and list viewing better IMO. 2 custom tabs, swipe to view replies/conversation, pic thumbnail previews, URL shortening, mute user/services option, nice ui option and efficiency wise.

Mainly got it lists and the multiple accounts tho. Official app works just fine otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      0 points
    I use tweetdeck on a friend's recommendation. It's aight.

Ziggurat is the best iphone action game I've played
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      0 points
    Yeah tweet deck was my go to for awhile. Loved the fb integration. But then twitter acquired them and they decided to remove the deck.ly feature.. Lame wtf. Then I got my iPhone so figured I'd try something else. Plus fb app is better on iOS so really no need to go back to tweet deck for me now
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      1 point
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      0 points
    Never was a HUGE halo fan but Reach was a fun story and I always have fun grouping up with friends to play some multiplayer... bring on Halo 4!!! Thanks for posting, Sko. I haven't seen a single video or article on Halo 4 until now (on purpose). Too late now, all hype about it haha I can't wait to see where they go with the story on this. Multiplayer looks like it's the same as before, which is a good thing!
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2012
      0 points
    Guys Ys: The Oath in Felghana is on Steam for $15. This is one of the best action RPGs ever made, for serious. Go go go buy buy buy
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012
      0 points
    Wanted to buy my son a portable. I don't know if i want to go nuts and get him a vita but any ideas and pros/cons are welcome.

Kid can beat both NG2 and Batman AC so he knows how to figure things out and win a game. So don't just think nintendo DS cuz it has the easier most kid friendly games.

He can play whatever.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2012 edited
      0 points
    3DS is pretty amazing right now. It's cheap and has a great selection of games.

You could go get right now:

Kid Icarus (seriously, this game is all types of awesome. Reminds me of old school arcade games like Space Harrier)
    Mario 3D Land
    and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

All for the cost of a Vita

Plus you could get stuff like Shinobi, which is pretty decent, and Mario Kart.

Also, with the 3DS you can go buy all those DS games he might like.

Vita just came out, but there's tons of stuff your son might like already:

Uncharted
    Gravity Daze (not out yet, but soon)
    Shinobido
    NG Sigma+ (he probably already beat sigma, so might not want to play it again)
    Wipeout 2048

and also any psp games he might want to download.

I'd say go for the 3DS since it's relatively cheap and has a decent library.
    KICK THE TREE
      0 points
    Thanks skilletor. That's a great idea!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Oh, it's buy 2 get 1 free on all games at target today. :)
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthordarkpanzer
      0 points
    Yeah, The 3DS right now has a pretty good selection with just the Mario games by themselves. As Skillz said, the DS library is still playable, so you can basically get whatever old games and they'll still be pretty good. Since you said he beat some more mature games, Resident Evil Revelations is a really great game for the 3DS, and he could probably handle MGS3D, but it needs the circle pad pro attachment, adding another $20 to your price, it REALLY helps with that game though. I would say the Vita, but at the moment, I don't think there are many games right now other than what Skillz already listed. All up to you, but I recommend the 3DS.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    skilletor:
    Oh, it's buy 2 get 1 free on all games at target today. :)

FFFFFF.........

NO, I MUST SAVE FOR EVO...

SKILL SHUT UP.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2012
      0 points
    So... anyone played THE HUNTER?? It's a hunting game and I just discovered it today. I've been addicted to it all night lol

www.thehunter.com