Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012
      0 points
    Pixel what are your thoughts? I really respect your thoughts on games. (you pointed me in the right direction for skate 3!!) why shouldn't i care about this RE?
    Tiger Driver '84
      2 points
    We all knew Pix's thoughts lol.

And I need to play REmake. I heard it was amazing.
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    The demo of RE on 3DS was pretty good.

More like older RE games.
  4. Member
    • CommentAuthorPanic
      0 points
    RE4 was amazing. RE5 wasn't great but the Mercanaries mode consumed my life for a good month. I'm optimistic about this one, I don't get the cynicism. :l
  5. Member
    • CommentAuthordarkpanzer
      0 points
    I'm hype. It's not the other one. It also is surprisingly coming out really fast. I thought it would be next year or something for how soon the announcement was made. That, and it seems like a lot of it has been worked on from what I'm seeing in the trailer. I can only hope though. Hopefully it's not too action based and actually has some survival to it where you can't just find ammo here and then kill an enemy no problem.
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
      3 points
    MY OPINION ON RESIDENT EVIL

Resident Evil is no longer Resident Evil. I have grown up with RE as one of the best video game franchises of all time, Until RE 4 came out. Where I will agree RE4 was a fun game for the time it comes down to what RE is. What is RE to you? To me RE is survival horror. Having to conserve ammunition, ink ribbons, herbs and health sprays. Trying to maintain an inventory of equal health and ammo (while carrying key items) to get you to that next box/type writer/area. It mixed puzzles and conservation with creative ways to find new items i.e examining a book and finding a secret crest inside that you will need to advance to the next area.

Since RE4 came out that has changed. RE now is an action 3rd person shooter with no survival, puzzle or horror elements. You are set on a linear path with chapters and easy ways to upgrade weapons. In RE3 you had to take down Nemesis everytime you encountered him to get upgrades for your hand gun. In RE2 you had to find them. In RE4/5 all you need to do is kill, find a merchant/end a chapter and you can spend your money as you see fit. Having a hard time with a boss? Guess i'll just save some cash and buy that rocket launcher and take him out first try.

Resident Evil is ignoring its roots. It has sold itself out to the shooter fan base. RE is now nothing more than another action franchise that has put aside creativity, horror, puzzles and exploration and sold out to shooter/action fans.
    • CommentAuthorjoeyorion
      1 point
    Pretty much how I feel, Pixel. For me, I didn't play much of the others past 3. My favorite is the first one and it's not just for nostalgic purposes like when I got this game in high school. To me, I loved the first one because it was all in a creepy mansion with a bunch of puzzles and clues and shit like that. The fact that 80% of the time there wasn't action going on in the game, just a creepy atmosphere as you wandered around gathering clues, finding members of the previous stars team. I loved that. RE to me is creepiness and zombies with puzzles!
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Pix: Have you seen RE on 3DS. The demo played more like RE1-CV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30OhyOesrek
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      0 points
    Yeah I'm familiar with Revelations. I'll play it once there is a used copy available.
  10. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      0 points
    PiXeL:

Resident Evil is no longer Resident Evil.
    And that's that. If not for code Veronica I was about to give up on the series. After beating part 3 the first night i rented it I was like " wow this series just got really simple ". Its like they took out what made 1 & 2 so dam good. I'll admit the trailer for 6 looks crazy, but in the end we know hows its gonna play out, which is more fast paced and shoot em up friendly. Some like that style in a RE game, I don't. Might as well play COD. The Atmosphere and the pace is what sucked me in to RE in the first place, I feel like some of those original elements are flat out gone now.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012 edited
      -1 points
    PiXeL:
    Yeah I'm familiar with Revelations. I'll play it once there is a used copy available.

wait wait wait wait wait

You complain about how Resident Evil isn't about survival horror anymore, then when someone points out that there's a new, really nice looking installment that's about survival horror, you say you're going to buy a used copy?

HULK CONFUSED
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Smilez:
    PiXeL:

Resident Evil is no longer Resident Evil.
    And that's that. If not for code Veronica I was about to give up on the series. After beating part 3 the first night i rented it I was like " wow this series just got really simple ". Its like they took out what made 1 & 2 so dam good. I'll admit the trailer for 6 looks crazy, but in the end we know hows its gonna play out, which is more fast paced and shoot em up friendly. Some like that style in a RE game, I don't. Might as well play COD. The Atmosphere and the pace is what sucked me in to RE in the first place, I feel like some of those original elements are flat out gone now.

The director of the game said that, since RE5 was the most successful entry, RE6 will model it.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012
      0 points
    Moses:
    PiXeL:

wait wait wait wait wait

You complain about how Resident Evil isn't about survival horror anymore, then when someone points out that there's a new, really nice looking installment that's about survival horror, you say you're going to buy a used copy?

HULK CONFUSED

whats wrong with saving a few bucks?
    • CommentAuthorMoses
      2 points
    Capcom doesn't see any money from used sales. If their first traditional-style RE in years doesn't even make them money from the people who were begging for it in the first place, they won't take the risk to make another.
    EMBASSY
    • CommentAuthorsko
      -2 points
    who really gives a shit where the money goes? as long as i get my game
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012 edited
      1 point
    I'm done giving my money to Capcom just to be let down time and time again. If I like Revelations and it really does go back to some surivival horror roots then I will consider giving them my money. Somethings I have heard about Revelations make me a bit sceptical. Bravery Points? that doesn't sound good. 15 minute chapters? that doesn't sound good either. I do also believe there is a merchant that you can spend your bravery points with. I'm not going to argue about it I'm just not sold on it. I will save my money for...

Silent Hill Downpour

I must apologize about the interviewer, she totally sucks but the content in the video is good.
    • CommentAuthorAlcatras09
      0 points
  18. Member
      1 point
    Alcatras09:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCHCiYu7X1g">Catherine/Katherine</a>

This game is amazing. Fun as hell to play, great replay value, fun story.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ryuudo wanted to money match me in Babel xDD.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
      0 points
    I think the only way I could be upset with SSX at this point is if it's just too lenient/easy. I guess you don't have to balance on rails anymore? And the trailers make falling look tougher. But we'll see. Otherwise I cannot.wait.for.that.game.
  20. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2012 edited
      0 points
    skilletor:
    Smilez:
    PiXeL:

The director of the game said that, since RE5 was the most successful entry, RE6 will model it

Not surprised 5 was the most successful considering over the top action appeals to the masses. I doubt they go back in terms of pace and much of the things Pixel mentioned. Gamers no longer have patience, and for the most part games today are a reflection of that.

Guess I'm old lol . I tried to play MGS4 sneaking around with no radar even though the game promotes the opposite.