Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011
      1 point
    I'd let you for sure but it's on PC :/ I was super pleased with it. I DID start to lose a LITTLE bit of interest by the end but overall it is an amazing game to me.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    I'd let you for sure but it's on PC :/ I was super pleased with it. I DID start to lose a LITTLE bit of interest by the end but overall it is an amazing game to me.

.... Okay my PC sucks, but I'm desperate enough to at least try it.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      0 points
    It was digital on steam, guess I should have said that haha. I hear it plays great on the consoles, just you don't get all the mods and higher res. Some slowdown issues at times on ps3 I think but big woop.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      -1 points
    Can I take back my pos rep?

Nah, I just negged you elsewhere :)
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
      0 points
  6. Member
    • CommentAuthorchaseguidry
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited
      0 points
    seems like their actually trying to improve this game now, sadly theres not no free flow physics that simulate the weight of a character and it still looks somewhat like robots.
    but their actually putting in mechanics in the game that are needed, and developing new systems that actually make sense
    along with that, jab combos are improved and actually matter to do now, and legkicks are valuable now you can actually end fights with them.

plus the pride mode looks beautiful, i love how the camera view is, i wonder if they'll integrate the ref cam for replays
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X2g-jj9d0k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD1GkSoBIlY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ8_JtFvCFk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSwE6EgAjoA
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
      1 point
    Guys, I mentioned this in the shoutbox, but the XBLA deal of the week right now is amazing. Bangai-O HD for $5, Guwange for $5, and Radiant Silvergun -- a game that you could previously only buy for between 150 and 200 dollars -- for a little over 5 bucks.

I like Radiant Silvergun the most out of all these games, and I think it's sold the worst out of all these (really badly selling) games, so let me hype it up for you a little bit.

You know Treasure, right? Gunstar Heroes, Ikaruga, Mischief Makers, Guardian Heroes, Sin & Punishment -- they're the best action game developer of all time. I will fight you if you disagree. And probably lose, but I don't care. That is what I believe! Strength of conviction and all that.

Radiant Silvergun was a Japan-only Arcade/Saturn game that came out back in 1998. At the time, arcade scrolling shooting games were in decline. They were as popular in the 80s and early 90s as FPS' were now, but the rise of the multimedia extravaganza RPG, 3D graphics and a whole bunch of other stuff led to their steady loss in popularity. Also, they were hard!

Radiant Silvergun was Treasure standing the fuck up on a table and pointing the way forward. From now on, shooting games were going to be cinematic. They were going to have all of the modern anemities, a story mode, all that. But they were still going to be REAL GAMES, with crazy scoring systems and tricks, and roughly a million of the craziest bosses ever seen. Also: music composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, aka that guy who did the music for Final Fantasy Tactics. It was going to change the world.

But it fucking didn't. It slipped under the radar and was ignored. By the time people figured out how rad it was, copies had already shot up to $200, putting it out of reach of all but the most insane genre fanatics. That's bad! Now it's on sale for $5. That's good! The demo is one of the worst I've ever seen. That's bad! Just buy the game. (that's good)

I still don't think another game in this genre has really topped this one re: sheer volume of out-of-control crazy shit going down all the time. Here are some videos
    This is literally like 5 minutes into the first stage
    best engrish
    Tetsuya Mizuguchi's cited inspiration for that rad running man boss from Rez.
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
      2 points
    Moses:
    Radiant Silvergun -- a game that you could previously only buy for between 150 and 200 dollars -- for a little over 5 bucks.

Nope, I paid 50.00 for mine on the Sega Saturn.

DoDonPachi is a LOT harder than Radiant Silvergun, see for yourself.

Yeah.
    • CommentAuthorMoses
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011 edited
      3 points
    That video is from Mushimesama Futari, not Dodonpachi. (yeah, I'm That Guy.)

I didn't mention anything about the difficulty, CJ :(

Also it's cool that you paid $50 for it but why would you tell me that when I'm sure you know for a fact that it's a really expensive and rare game agghhh this is not constructive I'm sorry

re: difficulty -- What I'm saying is, Radiant Silvergun is full of amazing setpieces, while Cave games are full of amazing bullets patterns (which, in their own way, become setpieces). Either way, if you like shooting games and don't get RSG, I... I'm throwing my hands up over here.
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011 edited
      0 points
    Definitely, it's sad that it took a long ass time for the game to come to the US. Sucks now because the only people who will buy it on the Sega Saturn are the diehard collectors.

Good to know that people out there still play these types of games, but bad that only a few of them make it stateside. The only type of shooters that we get are FPS, and there are entirely too many of them.
  11. Member
    • CommentAuthorPanic
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012
      1 point
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8vT82_05qE
    This might sound crazy, but I have a recurring dream where I have two guns and the ability to fly. This video game literally looks like realization of that dream. MUST. PLAY. ASAP.
  12. Member
    • CommentAuthorRomora
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
      0 points
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 looks pretty damn cool. I had no complaints with the demo.
    Illuminati
    • CommentAuthorTrue_Tech
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
      -3 points
    i'm not feeling noel or serah's designs and i'm highly upset that i don't get to play as that valkyrie looking lightning. if i have other games to trade in at the time i'll cop otherwise i'll wait it out. i still ned to see the other characters.

fighting is magic panel
    panel from bronycon talking about mlp: fighting is magic
  14. b27
    • CommentAuthorSeventy2B
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012
      0 points
    hero academy for i phone. crazy fun free game, you iphoners need to download it and play me, seventy2b
    Da Illest Grammar Nazi
    • CommentAuthorskilletor
      0 points
    Noel and Serah are whack and the voice acting in the demo made me turn it off. Can't play as Lightning except for the opening, and that means I'll buy it used when the price deflates.

13 is the worst FF ever. They need to just forget about these characters and move on.
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      7 points
    It looks really actiony, but I LOVE the look of it compared to the last two. Looks like it combines the old with the new, big time. If this has co op, my life will be destroyed for a good while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4
    Original Fresh
    • CommentAuthorCrazy-J
      1 point
    Now this is what I am talking about!!! Fuck that Raccoon City Socom bullshit!!!
  18. Member
    • CommentAuthorPanic
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2012
      -1 points
    So fucking hyped for this game!! :D
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
      -1 points
    I haven't played a RE since 2 lol..... i guess it's time?
  20. SmilezCo CEO
    • CommentAuthorSmilez
      2 points
    meh, besides Code Veronica on Dreamcast and the RE1 remake on gamecube you didn't miss much.

I already knew Pixel's thoughts after I saw the trailer lol.