Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sup?!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011
      0 points
    I like mature action adventure games with progression. An example of games that fit those styles that i have played.

Metal Gear: Sons of liberty
    Bayonetta
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Demon's Souls
    Mass Effect 2 (this is more RPG but it's very action and progression oriented)
    God of War

I was really considering Deus Ex: HR it has a lot of elements that i like but i was just asking around maybe there is another game that is cheaper or out already that i could give a whirl first. heroe's paradise is WII i want something on 360 if possible since i got my 360 in my bedroom. Was also somewhat considering Fallout New Vegas Or Fallout 3. But i'm not a huge fan of open world stuff.

I was also thinking about any of the Splinter Cell games those look fun. Does that help?
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011 edited
      3 points
    Just wait and play Shadow of the Colossus and Ico when they come out.
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      1 point
    Doesn't fit what you described but both games are Rad
    The Power Pill
    • CommentAuthorPiXeL
      1 point
    Oh and they are on ps3. Nothing you asked for lol.
  5. Member
      2 points
    Oh, Heroes' Paradise is the 360/PS3 version of No More Heroes. It was released two weeks ago, I think?

Edit no jutsu: and it's only $40.00, iirc
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
      1 point
    I highly second the SotC and Ico re-releases but for now I super recommend Deus Ex: HR.

You like Mass Effect? You like MGS? You like challenge? You'll like this, if not love it.
    Big Boss
    • CommentAuthorhydro
      1 point
    New deus ex is the shit!!!! Go buy it fox. Now.
  8. Member
      0 points
    Also, I highly recommend Catherine. It's an interesting puzzle game, and the storyline is actually different and engaging, and not in the style of "hero must save the world, hero must get the girl, hero gets amazing powers."
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
      0 points
    You may like Half-Minute Hero. More Puzzle, semi-RPG, but stupidly quick paced.

I say at least test the demo, since it's a LIVE game.

I also highly suggest No More Heroes for the PS3/360. Game is freakin' awesome
    The Man Scout
    • CommentAuthorLogos
      0 points
    FUCK THAT NEW SCHOOL SHIT, OG DEUS EX ALL THE WAY!

But yeah, from what Christian and others have been saying it's pretty much a spiritual sequel to the first. Therefore, it is awesome and you should get it.

Maybe consider Bastion? Dunno if you got it yet, but if you didn't you absolutely should.
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2011 edited
      1 point
    Bu-whaaaaa?

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012.

How are they gonna go and mix two of my favorite games of all time?

Looks like the game uses GG-style bursts.
  12. Member
      0 points
    I'm now in the market for a new single player game, I just finished Catherine and No More Heroes: HP. I think I'm wanting to play another action style game, does anyone have any outstanding suggestions?
    KICK THE TREE
    • CommentAuthorFoxisquick
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2011
      0 points
    Hey guys could use some ideas for games on the iphone. I recommended battleheart looking to see if there is anything rpg/action like on there that i could get.
  14. Member
      5 points
    TODAY!!!

• CommentAuthorjoeyorion
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2011
      1 point
    Never played Shadow of the Colossus but I heard it's amazing. I'll probably get this
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
      0 points
    God it looks so good ; ;
    New SSX Trailer
    Gonna zone out so hard with this game for a good long while.
    • CommentAuthorD_Sledge
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
      1 point
    Dark Souls on Tuesday. Loved Demon's Souls so definitely looking forward to this.

Rage comes out the same day, which I'll also be getting. It looks like a more action oriented Fallout 3 or something. Haven't keep to much tabs on it, but it looks pretty awesome.

If I have some extra cash (doubtful...) I'll pick up Shadow of the Colossus & Ico.
    KICK THE TREE
      3 points
    Dark souls watched reviews. The positive was everything. The negative.

-Not for the timid.

LOL. I promised i wouldn't get this game until i finished dues ex so i hope you guys enjoy!
    Trace Buster Buster
    • CommentAuthorKrsJin
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011
      1 point
    I finished Deus Ex this week. I feel obligated to beat Ico and Demons Souls before Dark Souls though :/
    • CommentAuthorRyyudo
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2011 edited
      0 points
    KrsJin:
    I finished Deus Ex this week. I feel obligated to beat Ico and Demons Souls before Dark Souls though :/

Curious, cause I reeeaalllyy wanna play it, what do you have Deus Ex for, KrsJIn? And can I make a borrow of it during my fall break (IIRC it's just Thanksgiving week), or earlier. It'll just be a slower process due to school.